Opamp Rolling
May 21, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by aseltzer144
You all have come through with some outstanding alternatives for opamp rolling in the Go-Vibe (or other Cmoy derivatives). To further narrow the universe of possibilities, I suppose I should offer that my primary 'phone is the Ety ER6, followed by the Shure E2 "for fun". I therefore appreciate all the descriptions with regard to high end harshness, etcetera. On the other hand, I don't want to be too specific as there is a likelihood I may change 'phones over time.

For Etys (I use the ER-6i myself) I would still recommend the OPA2107 as being one of the best. I liked the OPA2227, but I felt that the 2107 gave a different but better feel. Perhaps a little wider soundstage? I'm not too good with these descriptions, so you'll have to forgive me if they don't make much sense. My feeling with the 2107 vs. the 2227 for the Etys is that 2107 gives extra detail, nice bass, and perhaps better separation of instruments. I think this is especially important with earbuds and canalphones. If you aren't happy with a Burr Brown sound and want to try Analog Devices, I still recommend AD823 over the AD8260 with Etys (and even Senns). I feel like the AD823 gives even more detail in the higher end than the OPA2107, but won't have any harsh highs when paired with Etys. Maybe I am just overly sensitive, but I felt the AD8260 and Etys were not the best match.

If you need a better description, I can give it another shot
tongue.gif

May 21, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #17 of 17
Its always hard to describe audio properties in words, but its hard to argue with extra detail, nice bass, and separation. The 2107 is now on my list of prospective opamps. I have yet to roll in the 2227 that came with my Go Vibe, but I expect that would give me some indication of the Burr Bown sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back