OP Amp suggestions for HT Omega eClaro
Mar 26, 2015 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Libertad

1000+ Head-Fier
BACKGROUND AND DISCLAIMER: Ive had this card for over a year now with no issues and love it to death and simply cannot part with it. There is nothing wrong with the sound as is however i want to explore with Op amps on my sound card. Yes i understand sound quality is very subjective and everyone and their mothers have an opinion and in the end my ears with be the judge. I listen to the music not the gear playing it. My budget is not restricted however,understand this is for my op amp and not a suggestion to change my other gear. Now i am very open minded but id like this to thread to stay on track for suggestions for my OP amp

The sound card in question: HT Omega eClaro Included is a JRC 4580 it is a dual DIP socket and the card supplies around 12volts to it.

What i listen to? mostly Psytrance and electronica in all formats from MP3 to FLAC and some OGG but i have everything in my playlist from 2PAC to  compositions from from Eric serra and John Murphy
How i JAM OUT :D via headphones and speakers from my PC.
The headphones and speakers in question:low/mid fi speakers Philips SPA8210/37 which are warmish and decent (to my ears) and my headphones are JVC HA-MX10-B a studio monitor headphone that is very musicaly neutral and detailed
My personal preference for soung signature:I enjoy a neutralish sound signature and quality. 

edit 1 for dumb spelling errorsv*face palm* i know :p

Now thats out of the way my goals of this thread are to get a general consensus as to what the community feels would be a upgrade that pairs well with speaker listening given my genres and my use of studio monitor headphones with an emphasis on neutral musicality and clarity. Im all for a op amp that gives more current as my understanding is that low impedance headphones like more current and my headphones do. So what experience you all as a community have had with swappable op amps and if any listen to electrionica what have you found works for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back