oops I'm a total idiot (dropped my hornet)
Oct 28, 2008 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Gatto

1000+ Head-Fier
so, that shiny new rig I got. Yeah, it fell. It's a long story and everything sounds fine BUT the battery in my hornet is loose now. I took a little piece of paper, folded it a few times and cut it to size then taped it onto the back (facing the outside panel) of the battery, screwed it closed and you can't even see it. That solved the problem (I think) should I try to open it and make sure everything is ok or just leave it alone? like I said it looks fine and sounds fine but something obviously shifted in there or the battery would fit like before.

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 29
Did you talk to Ray?

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 29
that might be a good idea. I did try sending him an email the other day about cases and he never got back to me. does he usually respond to e-mails quickly?

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 29
well it does seem to work absolutely fine with that little bit of paper in it, you can't even see it. I'm going to guess the force of the fall bent the clips on the battery compartment so they aren't as springy. Can that happen? The circuit board didn't seem to move and all of the switches and the charging port seem to be where they should be. I just want to be careful, I'll send an e-mail to RSA and see if they think I should send it to them.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #6 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well it does seem to work absolutely fine with that little bit of paper in it, you can't even see it. I'm going to guess the force of the fall bent the clips on the battery compartment so they aren't as springy. Can that happen? The circuit board didn't seem to move and all of the switches and the charging port seem to be where they should be. I just want to be careful, I'll send an e-mail to RSA and see if they think I should send it to them.

It can. If you can slide out the board out and check it, you may be able to pry it with a screw driver. But you need a tool to remove the volume knob and the faceplate screws.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #7 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well it does seem to work absolutely fine with that little bit of paper in it, you can't even see it. I'm going to guess the force of the fall bent the clips on the battery compartment so they aren't as springy. Can that happen?

Yes, that can happen. You can easily check for this by disassembling and checking the spring clips. Gently bend them back out with a needle nose if needed.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #8 of 29
is it a problem to leave it the way it is (for now) if bent clips are the only thing that happened?

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #9 of 29
It is if the battery isn't making great contact w/ the clips. If you shake it (lightly), does the power go out?

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #10 of 29
well before I put the paper in it it wouldn't even make contact and turn on, if I shook it the battery moved all around inside, now that it's tight I don't hear anything when I shake it and the power stays on

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #11 of 29
Yeah, me and my OCD would say to contact Mr. Samuels ASAP, but since you've already done that, looks like it's time to sit back and play the waiting game.

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #12 of 29
just so everyone can see what I'm talking about (sorry about the big pics... and that they are webcam pics)

Photo38.jpg

as you can see the yellow paper I put it in the only thing sticking out of the case.

Photo39.jpg

Photo40.jpg

Photo41.jpg

and when I screw it closed you can't even tell it's there

Oct 29, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #14 of 29
there's suppose to be a spring? where?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back