Only Enjoying Audiophile Equipment When in a Really Good Mood
Mar 15, 2016 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MICHAELSD

Headphoneus Supremus
Is it normal to only enjoy audiophile equipment when in a really good mood? I have to be in a great mood to really enjoy music, and when I am then music with a great pair of headphones sounds completely different than it does otherwise. A pair of headphones like the M-100 turn into magic, and I can hear all the little nuances in a song and its production. The disparity between i.e. EarPods and a high-end pair of headphones is greatly widened as well.

(Because I know someone will go there, I'm talking about a naturally-good mood
tongue.gif
.)

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #2 of 2
It's not unique to audio. If you're celebrating vs how you're waaaaaaaay down everything else can be different. Celebratory drinking is way more fun than drowning your sorrows in vodka (although that doesn't render the latter totally useless - up to a certain point it's a useful coping mechanism). Or imagine a victorious army getting flowers tossed in their path as they paraded through a captured city with women throwing themselves at them vs getting holed up in a city you occupied and then a counter-offensive traps you in it so you go around stabbing every female in sight in every orifice. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back