Online DIY stores that will take Paypal?
Nov 2, 2009 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

LingLing1337

CAUTION INCOMPLETE TRADES
I've been looking for somewhere that I can buy a nice cheap soldering station (I've tried to buy the WLC100 from Markertek and Amazon, and the CSI Station from the CSI site), but nowhere seems to take paypal. I don't even see anywhere that I can get wire, sheathing, and connectors with Paypal. Anyone know of any site that I can use my Paypal balance on?

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #7 of 15
Yeah, just get the PayPal debit card or transfer the funds to your bank account. If you limit yourself to only places that take PayPal you probably won't get what you want, and probably not at a good price.

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just d/l the paypal plugin and it will make you a debt card no. and you can buy from anywhere no extra fees.

^That looked amazing but it's not available anymore
frown.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #9 of 15
I would probably get a hakko 936 clone off of ebay or an iron off of dealextreme.com

dealextreme is very slow though. You'll be waiting at least 3 weeks for your merchandise.

I disagree with those recommending linking a bank account with paypal... paypal is not a trustworthy company =/

as for wire, etc.
daleproaudio takes paypal.

Otherwise, there are plenty of trustworthy places to get wire, etc. on ebay.

Nov 9, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #14 of 15
If you still need an iron, I take Paypal.
smily_headphones1.gif
AND, I have a few different irons to choose from. Some of them are really old and for the absolute beginner, and some of them are nicer such as my Edsyn which is still available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back