Online classifieds for guns?
Jan 15, 2008 at 3:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

TenaciousO

1000+ Head-Fier
I know that there are some gun enthusiasts on here so I hope someone can help me. Does anyone know of an online classifieds for firearm? My father is an avid hunter and gun collector and is looking for something like a craigslist for guns, but he's not internet savvy. I'm the exact opposite in that I'm pretty knowledgeable about the internet but know absolutely nothing about guns so I can't help him out much. I tried doing a google search, but I'm wondering if there is a popular and well-known online classifieds listing. Thanks.

Jan 15, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #2 of 21
I've used gunfinder.net for years, but there is also gunbroker.com, auctionarms.com and gunsamerica.com.

Jan 15, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #3 of 21
I use gunsamerica.com and gunbroker.com

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #4 of 21
Just don't pick up the gun from the guys house after you (or your father) buy it.. (might get shot
tongue.gif
) Ask for delivery!

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just don't pick up the gun from the guys house after you (or your father) buy it.. (might get shot
tongue.gif
) Ask for delivery!

You must go through a FFL to transfer the gun unless depending on the state you do the transfer FTF.

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #7 of 21
gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com have pretty much any type of firearm you can legally own in the US. I bought my first pistol grip 12 gauge Mossberg on gunbroker.com. I miss it dearly!

You can't legally pick up a gun at someone's home unless your state law allows private transfers.

Jan 15, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #10 of 21
Gunbroker.com is my fave.

Jan 16, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #13 of 21
gunboards trader is one good source for finding guns especially surplus

i bought my 1915 Tula M91 and my 1943 Izhevsk 91/30 sniper from gunboards

as well as a handful of accessories... if you need some part or accessory you can hit up the WTB forum there and usually you'll get results

though most of my collection was purchased through gunbroker or direct from an importer or dealer

Jan 16, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #15 of 21
Do you really want to buy a gun online? buying new isn't a problem...but you can never tell the condition of a used gun from a crappy cell pic. It's pretty easy to hide any imperfections. Same goes for cars...some people swear by it, but I'd like to get behind the wheel before I throw down some cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back