Onkyo UWL-1 Wireless streaming
Jan 3, 2007 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

lipidicman

500+ Head-Fier
Couldn't find a mention of this and I am seriously tempted to go with this over an Edirol UA1-EX
http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=...=Accessory&p=i

Quote:

UWL-1.jpg

Wireless Music Streaming from PC to Audio Systems with USB Transmitter and Receiver Unit

Onkyo has been focusing on the wireless transmission of uncompressed audio signals from personal computers to Onkyo home audio systems that enable you to send computer-/internet-based audio sources up to 30 meters. The end result is the UWL-1 wireless USB audio transport which transmits on a 2.4 GHz signal. The set-up process is simple. Connect the UTX-1 USB transmitter unit to the computer to send an audio signal to the RX-1 receiver unit. You can then adjust the input selector on the connected amplifier, receiver or mini audio system to enable it to receive digital audio sent from programs like iTunes or Windows Media Player.

It appears to have a 1/4" lineout and optical SPDIF. Anyone got one?. This isn't an advert. I need opinions! Saw it on a shelf for £80 and nearly just grabbed it (not like me at all!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back