Onkyo unleashes dedicated single-disc SACD/CD player for under $500.00
Dec 21, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #16 of 22
for any that were still interested. looks like a steal at the current price. its listed on the onkyo usa site as a new product, yet its cheaper than their other sacd player. odd. wonder if the past year has driven them to "give" these away. anyway, here's the link. its hard to find on amazon.

Amazon.com: Onkyo C-S5VL C-S5VL Super Audio CD/CD Player: Everything Else

Dec 22, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for any that were still interested. looks like a steal at the current price. its listed on the onkyo usa site as a new product, yet its cheaper than their other sacd player. odd. wonder if the past year has driven them to "give" these away. anyway, here's the link. its hard to find on amazon.

Amazon.com: Onkyo C-S5VL C-S5VL Super Audio CD/CD Player: Everything Else

If you look hard enough, you will find that Onkyo's other SACD player, the DVD-based DV-SP506S (in silver) universal player, can be had for $200.00 shipped from an Onkyo authorized e-tailer....

Onkyo DV-SP506S Single disc silver DVD player (DV SP506S) at Vanns.com

The 506 will even output SACD's DSD bitstream in its native form thru its HDMI output. I got myself this unit as my X'mas present.

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #20 of 22
Looks like its $297 now, but still a good deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you look hard enough, you will find that Onkyo's other SACD player, the DVD-based DV-SP506S (in silver) universal player, can be had for $200.00 shipped from an Onkyo authorized e-tailer....

Onkyo DV-SP506S Single disc silver DVD player (DV SP506S) at Vanns.com

The 506 will even output SACD's DSD bitstream in its native form thru its HDMI output. I got myself this unit as my X'mas present.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #21 of 22
I wonder how this compares to Oppo 83 with BD playback. With stock 83, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back