Onkyo SE-80PCI PCI Digital Audio Board
Feb 20, 2004 at 9:39 AM Post #3 of 9
The digital audio out notes that it is at 48Khz, which may mean the card is resampling everything to 48Khz which wouldn't put in the same class as the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 or Terratec EWX 24/96, which seems to be where it is aimed at both pricewise and feature-wise.

Feb 22, 2004 at 6:43 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by donovansmith
The digital audio out notes that it is at 48Khz, which may mean the card is resampling everything to 48Khz which wouldn't put in the same class as the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 or Terratec EWX 24/96, which seems to be where it is aimed at both pricewise and feature-wise.

Thanks. I'll see if I can dig up additional info on the Onkyo. I agree, if the card only allows 48Khz digital output, it isn't worth buying.

Feb 22, 2004 at 8:28 AM Post #7 of 9
I dunno, just hoping someone that speaks the language will help out. I tried using Babelfish, and It's still unclear. If I could find a 'read me', I might be able to figure out if the digital output is fixed at 48Khz, or adjustable.

Feb 22, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by tiberian
from my broken japanese...

all of them did well in the test but echo mia was the best performer

and yes the sampling rate is fixed

Thanks. Since the sampling rate is fix, I'll scrarch the Onkyo off my 'to buy' list. I'll probably buy one of the cards donovansmith suggested above. I'm leaning toward the Terratec EWX 24/96 of the 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back