Onkyo HF Player creating a playlist
Jan 4, 2017 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

killbill

New Head-Fier
Hey folks.
I have really enjoyed reading the threads on this forum and thought i would sign up.
Sorry if my first call for help sounds silly.
Bought the Onkyo HF player app to play FLAC files on my iPhone 7 plus and for the life of me I can't figure how to create and add music to playlists. Transferring music to the app via iTunes. Perfect. Works a treat. Music plays back nicely as well.
The apps pretty cool and aggregates both normal music from your iTunes library as well as FLAC tracks.
My problem is I am trying to create a play list on the device and add music already in the library to the playlist.
Anyone had a play around with this app and managed to do this?
(iOS specific)
Thanks.

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 10
Figured it out and it's a pain.
You need to play a track then go back to the track in a list mode and then hold down on it and click on play next
Once you have done this for all tracks or albums. You need to go to a "playing" track where you can see the art work and eq etc. Then click on the list icon at the top.
Can't see the options. It's ok. You need to scroll the screen up and click on save as playlist.
Yeh go Figure.

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #5 of 10
I know this is a bit old, but you can absolutely create playlists much easier than that. You don't need to play a track to make playlists. When you open the app, down at the bottom there will be an option to search via Artists, Songs, Albums, and "Playlists".

-Cick on "Playlists"
-Click on "High-Res" at the top
-Click on "new"
-You will see "New Playlist" and "Add Songs".
-Click on "New Playlist" and you will be able to edit the name of the playlist"
-Click on "Add Songs" , then the library you want to pull songs from (iPod/Hi-Res)
-It will then display a list for you to use for finding tracks to add. You can search via Artist, Song, Album, Genre, etc.
-For example, click on "Songs".
-There will be an open check box next to each track on the list. Check the boxes you want to add to the playlist, then click "Save" in the upper right corner.

Easy peasy.

I have one MAJOR beef with this app and that is that it *still* does not operate in landscape mode. They really need to add that. It is incredibly basic yet very necessary.

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #7 of 10
I would like to back up the Onkyo HF player playlists if that is possible. With backup I mean export it to a m3u file.

Feb 24, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 10
I made a copy of my playlist but I can not find it anywhere in the directories. Maybe I should contact support

Mar 3, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 10
Hello everyone!

I made a copy of my playlist but I can not find it anywhere in the directories. Maybe I should contact support
Have you solved this?

I have a new android phone and I'd like to find a way to copy my playlists from the older one (going to create them from scratch would be so long).
I've contacted support without reply...

Does anyone know where these playlist file are stored? In which folder?

Thanks

Mar 3, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #10 of 10
Found it in the main settings menu
Screenshot_20210303-195111_HF Player.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back