Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
Apr 15, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #482 of 799
I have a Dignis on my DPX, and I am a happy customer.  I didn't pay 160 USD, I found it at a store in Japan for $70.  

This Granbeat is tempting, but I really abuse my phones, not on purpose, but considering it goes every where I go, it does tend to get dropped and knocked around.

As long as you use case, it should be fine. I wouldn't recommend using it daily without case though, it is not comfortable to hold (the sharp edges really dig into my hand) and it is quite heavy.

Apr 15, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #483 of 799
The original case and protection glass finally arrived. Snug fit both. Feels good in the palm. Quite happy while waiting for the  Kevlar to come out so that they can be used for different purposes. 

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #486 of 799
Looks nice! I wonder why they left a gap like that on the bottom?

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #488 of 799
Hi,
I got my Granbeat couple of days ago and I like it. I am having, however, a problem with the life of the battery. the set gets hot (102-106 F) and the battery is drained in 6 hours. did anyone face this problem ? and suggested fix ?
checking the battery usage, I can't see a program that I can pinpoint to cause this drain.

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #491 of 799
Thanks. I will give it a try and see how it behaves.
I would need to probably use airplane mode to check if it is due to using celluar/Wifi or some kind of rouge app that is sucking the battery. the system should tell if a program is doing this though but I will check it anyway.

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #492 of 799
I would need to probably use airplane mode to check if it is due to using celluar/Wifi or some kind of rouge app that is sucking the battery. the system should tell if a program is doing this though but I will check it anyway.

Using tidal while streaming for me killed the battery life really really fast.  

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #493 of 799

I turned airplane mode on, battery saver on, gps off, and even used battery booster app on ultimate saving, and the battery drain rate is almost the same (5 hours battery life projected from full charge). Any ideas on how to figure this out and narrow it down to what could be the issue ?

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #494 of 799
Try installing gsam and look under app usage, background cpu.  Like I said for me it was Google photos just draining battery life and it wasn't even doing it via data transfer.  It was churning up cpu usage for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back