Oneplus 7 Pro DAC wired audio quality ?
Aug 30, 2019 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

drenco

New Head-Fier
So im looking into getting a Oneplus 7 Pro and would love to know what the internal DAC is like with wired headphones as im used to using a Note 8 with the Cirus Dac which is pretty good ?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 8
It doesn't have a headphone jack and doesn't even come with an adapter in the box AFAIK, so I'd classify the wired audio quality as "non-existent."

If you want a good dongle to use with the OnePlus 7 Pro one of the Hidizs USB-C DAC cables should easily outclass your Note 8

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #6 of 8
So im looking into getting a Oneplus 7 Pro and would love to know what the internal DAC is like with wired headphones as im used to using a Note 8 with the Cirus Dac which is pretty good ?
From what I understand One plus 7 pro does support analog output through an USB C to 3.5mm adapter. So, a normal adapter without a DAC in it can use One plus 7 pro inbuilt HIFI dac to output sound. This being said OP also support digital output which can be used by any adapter with inbuilt DAC. To be frank if you are not into driving very sensitive or power hungry headphone then go with a normal adapter that costs 2 to 4 dollars which should do the trick.

P.S - This will be same for OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro. Even OP sells their own USB C to 3.5mm adapter without a DAC for this reason, so the internal DAC will do the trick and send the analog out without any external DAC interference.

Oct 15, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 8
From what I understand One plus 7 pro does support analog output through an USB C to 3.5mm adapter. So, a normal adapter without a DAC in it can use One plus 7 pro inbuilt HIFI dac to output sound. This being said OP also support digital output which can be used by any adapter with inbuilt DAC. To be frank if you are not into driving very sensitive or power hungry headphone then go with a normal adapter that costs 2 to 4 dollars which should do the trick.

P.S - This will be same for OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro. Even OP sells their own USB C to 3.5mm adapter without a DAC for this reason, so the internal DAC will do the trick and send the analog out without any external DAC interference.

This makes no sense. You need an external dac, period. The OP7 does not have one built in. Even those little dongles that have USB-C on one end and a 3.5mm headphone jack on the other, have a tiny dac built in. Usually on the USB port end.

Nov 15, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #8 of 8
This makes no sense. You need an external dac, period. The OP7 does not have one built in. Even those little dongles that have USB-C on one end and a 3.5mm headphone jack on the other, have a tiny dac built in. Usually on the USB port end.
Oneplus 7 series has high quality internal dac. It can play upto 384khz and dsd128. The OnePlus C to 3.5mm adapted is a passive one.

I recently bought the UA1 Pro and its much worse than the in-built one in detail and dynamism. Only external dacs have higher driving power.

For iems my 7t pro is very good, over ears though sound little underpowered

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back