OnePlus 2
Aug 24, 2015 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

robthemac

100+ Head-Fier
If any HeadFi-ers were to share an invite with me, I would be eternally grateful,and in turn share an invite with a fellow HeadFi-er.

In any case, does anyone have one of these yet? Does it live up to the hype? How is the sound through a decent pair of headphones?

Sep 30, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 7
I have this phone, got it up and running two days ago.

I obviously haven't had the device long enough to say anything exhaustive, but I will say this - at this instant, my Fiio E18 doesn't work with the OnePlus 2. It worked fine with the OnePlus One. From what I understand, there's no reason for this not to work, as USB audio output has become native with Android 5.0. I even installed USB Audio Player Pro, and it won't even recognize the device.

I'll give my musings as time goes on.

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #3 of 7
Currently, you need the official OnePlus USB-C male to micro-USB female adapter (https://oneplus.net/ca_en/oneplus-usb-type-c-adapter) to get a DAC to work. A USB-C to micro-USB cable will not work.

Unfortunately, music apps still don't natively play through the DAC; you need to download USB Audio Player Pro (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro) just like in the old days.

Maybe this will change.

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #4 of 7
If any HeadFi-ers were to share an invite with me, I would be eternally grateful,and in turn share an invite with a fellow HeadFi-er.

In any case, does anyone have one of these yet? Does it live up to the hype? How is the sound through a decent pair of headphones?

Im getting this device on Thursday the 4Gb Ram / 64Gb storage, I would like to know if the SQ is good or not? It surely won't replace my dedicated daps but I'll have to fill the storage with some good flac albums to be used otg as this device will be my main smartphone, I shall write a review once I receive it ☺

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 7
Am considering buying one myself but Ive heard that there are still quite a few bugs here and there because of oxygen os being fairly new so im still thinking about it

Nov 19, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #6 of 7
The Creative Sound Blaster E5 works with the regular OnePlus cable and works natively without USB Audio Player Pro. You need to install the creative software and plugin, but after that, it works perfectly. Very happy!

Oddly, with the E5 and the Creative software suite, I CANNOT use USB Audio Player Pro. Strange! But I'm glad I don't need to.

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #7 of 7
Im getting this device on Thursday the 4Gb Ram / 64Gb storage, I would like to know if the SQ is good or not? It surely won't replace my dedicated daps but I'll have to fill the storage with some good flac albums to be used otg as this device will be my main smartphone, I shall write a review once I receive it ☺

Update: I cancelled the order, after having googled out I found too much cons, I won't be a part of the One Plus Two community, sorry folks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back