One thing keeping me from enjoying my new headphones (Advice?)
May 28, 2007 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mike112

New Head-Fier
Sorry for asking yet another question; I'm just not exactly sure what to do here. I've had my new HD 280 Pros for a few days now, and I'm happy with them except for just one thing. After having them on for a while, I sometimes get a slight pain in my right ear. I don't listen very loud, and I'm not 100% sure what is causing it. It doesn't feel too tight on my head, but it does feel snug, and I'm wondering if that's what is getting to me after a while.

If it is, I guess my best option would be to try to loosen them and break them in a bit. Would it be a good idea to stretch them over, say, the short length of a stack of DVDs while not in use? Would this help my problem at all?

May 29, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #2 of 6
Is it a sharp internal pain, like deep inside your ear? Or just the pina part being soar?

If it's inside your ear, you should go for a hearing evaluation and be very careful about your volume and ear protection.

If it's just a comfort issue, stretching the headband might help. The 280 pro's are very comfortable for me and most people.

May 29, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #4 of 6
basketball might be too big...try a football

May 30, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #5 of 6
There is a huge distinction between internal and superficial pain - as has been said, if it's internal, get it checked right away.

May 30, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #6 of 6
Turn down the volume, then turn down the treble. Really bright music can sometime irritate my ears. Take a break and turn down the treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back