One thing I dislike about IEMs.
Oct 14, 2009 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

oakleyguy89

100+ Head-Fier
Is the amazing isolation lol. I was outside having a smoke and the neighbor across the hall from my apartment was walking to go downstairs. Well, I wasnt paying attention and I looked back there he was. It startled me and my heart was racing like crazy haha. But anyways yea, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Thats what I get for having IEMs.
icon10.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #8 of 15
Or when people know you're home and think you're not answering the door because you're a weirdo hermit (which you may be).

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #9 of 15
Thx for the info

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #10 of 15
or when people at work wave their hands and jump up and down to get your attention when you are being paged
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #11 of 15
Or when your supervisor is calling you and you don't answer the phone because you can't hear it! Could be vocationally hazardous. Luckily my supervisor is a good guy, and I'm the only one here that does what I do.

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #13 of 15
Like when you turn up at the dining table 1 hour late, because you missed the call for dinner...

My parents wanted to make a point, so they didn't come and wake me out of my music induced stupor.

I've gotten into the habit of being super paranoid when wearing my IEMs. when i'm walking the dogs, i'll look left and right at a street probably around 6 times before i cross... i didn't realize how much i rely on my sense of hearing for daily activities until i plugged up into my ipod.

Oct 15, 2009 at 9:42 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by os2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or when people at work wave their hands and jump up and down to get your attention when you are being paged
smily_headphones1.gif

*has had this happen on more than one occasion*

Is your first reaction to, against all reason, make a face like they're out of line for gesticulating so wildly, too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back