One step up from LCD2?
Nov 9, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #16 of 18
Never had any issues with bass roll-off, rattling, or tonal imbalance with the SR-L300, SR-207, and SR-Lambda.

And playing a frequency sweep reveals that they are more linear than nearly all other headphones. (As do the measurements.)

Clarity, detail, bass, impact, present and smooth mids, engaging sound...it's got it all...unless by those terms you mean something other than high fidelity.

Also, as long as the amp has enough voltage to handle it, you can boost the bass to extreme levels without distortion. (You just have to reduce the gain in your player by at least the amount of your largest boost/cut, because neglecting to do so can also cause distortion.) Admittedly, a more expensive amp may be required for this. But boosting the bass moderately is an easy task.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #17 of 18
that's great! I'm happy that you found the perfect setup for yourself, a sample point of one excited fan who uses speakers exclusively at the moment. (pardon me, I'm in an internet-cranky kind of mood today.) nonetheless, there is a reason stax remained the kind of a niche system that it is, and it's not just the price.

Nov 10, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #18 of 18
I can see both sides of the Stax argument, I really think it's something I'd have to try out before committing to. I'd much rather blindly commit to a solidly-built headphone like the Auteur since people say it's essentially a better Eikon, which I already love almost as much as the LCD2

The Auteur pre order is tomorrow. Just saying :nerd:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back