One speaker sounds slightly louder/broader than the other...problem with wires or amp?
Oct 8, 2014 at 11:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NilsOlav

Head-Fier
After carefully listening to my new speakers, I noticed that the left speaker appeared to be slightly louder---I would notice singer's vocals specifically sounding as if they originated more from that speaker than the right speaker. However, after switching the left/right wiring in the back of the amp, I then noticed that the broader/louder sound came from the right speaker. Is this a problem with my wires, the amp, or something else? How should I try to fix this? It's not my ears and its not the speakers, I don't think.

Also, there could be a slight chance that the songs I used to test this did have a louder vocal part in the left speaker....so could someone recommend a good song with vocals that play evenly from each side?

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 3
Use an old song, in mono.

It might be (this is my guess) that one  of the wires has a partial break - this would reduce the conductivity and raise the resistance within it, leading to the quieter sound. If you have a multimeter it may be worth measuring the resistance in the wires you have there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back