One source two amps ?
Mar 22, 2020 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Wid

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I've looked around but couldn't find and answer. I have a Marantz cd5005 that is connected to my main system via digital cable. Is it possible or even advisable to connect a headphone amp to the same source using the analog connections ? Using Grado 325's

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 5
I've looked around but couldn't find and answer. I have a Marantz cd5005 that is connected to my main system via digital cable. Is it possible or even advisable to connect a headphone amp to the same source using the analog connections ? Using Grado 325's

Schiit Sys. It's passive so just wire it in reverse and keep the attenuator on "max"/minimum (max volume on knob = zero attenuation).

That being said...why? Even if you had more than one headphone I'd just get an amp that can drive them both properly.

EDIT : I misunderstood what you meant based on the title. If all you want is just to have an amp for the SR325 along with the digital output to the receiver, that's fine. No need for any other equipment.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 5
I have a Marantz cd5005 that is connected to my main system via digital cable. Is it possible or even advisable to connect a headphone amp to the same source using the analog connections ? Using Grado 325's
No problem, this will work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back