One reason not to be cruel to animals
Jan 11, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #16 of 42
Cause those who are cruel to animals are simply idiots?

Jan 11, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #17 of 42
Interestingly, there's no comment on what happened to the mouse. For all we know, might have had some burns here and there, but could have scaped the house and might have survived!

Could you imagine, after the blaze was out, the old man contemplating the last carbonized pieces of his house falling and desintegrating. Some crackling still erupted, some smoke still trailing. A timid ruffling noise is heard nearby, the old man turns his head towards the noise, and sees a little mouse running, his fur and tail slightly burnt and blackened, but undoubtedly running, scaping is more like it, with the old man's favorite pipe clutched in its mouth.

Jan 11, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX
I woulda tortured the damn thing.

1. Tape Apple iBuds to its ears
2. Set the treble to +10 and then set another +10 on an equalizer
3. Get a really strong headphone amplifier and set it on max
3. Put Mike Jone's cd on repeat for about 16 hours straight.

I actually know people that do this.
rolleyes.gif

hahahhahah i loved that ^

but I hope the guy has somewhere he can sleep (relatives, friends etc.)

Jan 11, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #19 of 42
I just wonder how true the story is.
Does mouse fur burn well enough to have flames high enough to ignite nearby objects after running several feet?
Mice are pretty small, they can't soak up very much heat energy before expiring.
How did the guy catch the mouse alive in the first place? Did he have it in a box?

Jan 11, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #20 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Interestingly, there's no comment on what happened to the mouse. For all we know, might have had some burns here and there, but could have scaped the house and might have survived!

Could you imagine, after the blaze was out, the old man contemplating the last carbonized pieces of his house falling and desintegrating. Some crackling still erupted, some smoke still trailing. A timid ruffling noise is heard nearby, the old man turns his head towards the noise, and sees a little mouse running, his fur and tail slightly burnt and blackened, but undoubtedly running, scaping is more like it, with the old man's favorite pipe clutched in its mouth.

Even the 81 year old man will run after that mouse with a shotgun with the vigor of a randy teenager in this situation...

Either that...or they could both become best of friends and live together in a state-of-the-art plywood shack
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoi_rootbeer
he really could've just let the mouse out...simple as that. no one dies and no houses get burned down.

the mouse would surely just run back inside the house, which leads to my question. I've seen mice run before, how on earth was he able to catch a mouse in the first place but not chase it down later?

Jan 11, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #23 of 42
I currently have a mice problem of my own. We catch them in traps that do no physical harm to the mice, and then take them to a park and let them go. It's a disgrace to do anything else, and although it's a recurring problem, I wouldn't resort to any other method.

I was horrified when I read what that moron did, he deserves what he got.

Jan 11, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
the mouse would surely just run back inside the house, which leads to my question. I've seen mice run before, how on earth was he able to catch a mouse in the first place but not chase it down later?

He was afraid to burn his hands.
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #26 of 42
I actually clipped this one out of the newspaper and sent it to a friend by snail mail, I liked it so much. Animals can indeed be smarter than people at times...
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back