One of My Prouder Moments as a Parent
Nov 26, 2006 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
Both of my children have made me very proud throughout their lives. Family, school, sports, work have all yielded memorable moments.

Over the Thanksgiving holiday my Son and his girlfriend both received word that they had successfully passed the California Bar exam on their first try. From what I know New York and California are harder to pass than others but all are demanding. Their Test was in July and took 36 hours over 3 days. Then they had to wait until this weekend to find out the results. Both were happier than I have ever seen them and that includes Law school graduation day.

Best part is my days of paying for school are finally over!

Nov 26, 2006 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 16
Congratulations John (and John's son and girlfriend). As I understand it, the California Bar is one of the most difficult to pass, and the majority do not pass on the first attempt. What field of law is your son, and his girlfriend, going to practice?

Nov 26, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 16
Congrats!

My dad is very much looking forward to the day when I become fully independent too
biggrin.gif

Does your son (and his gf) have to find a job? I'm not sure about the process of becoming a lawyer in the States... Basically, what's next?

Nov 26, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations John (and John's son and girlfriend). As I understand it, the California Bar is one of the most difficult to pass, and the majority do not pass on the first attempt. What field of law is your son, and his girlfriend, going to practice?

She hopes to find a job in something related to environmental law. My son, as is his way has been somewhat tight lipped about what he wants to do. Time will tell with him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats!

My dad is very much looking forward to the day when I become fully independent too
biggrin.gif

Does your son (and his gf) have to find a job? I'm not sure about the process of becoming a lawyer in the States... Basically, what's next?

Yes they are both now looking for work. They have their resumes in hand and started the networking process even before they heard the results.

Nov 26, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #5 of 16
COngratulations!!! Being a student myself, I try hard to make my parents and family proud of my achievements.

it is als very rewarding for a young man/woman to see that the parent are proud of their work.

Manuel

ps: the best part is that now you can spend the college/tuition money on audio gear!!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #8 of 16
Congrats to the acheivements of you and your family! You must be so proud to see them so happy!

Nov 26, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #9 of 16
Congratulations to your son and gf, that's quite an achievement. Congrats to you as well, for guiding, supporting and encouraging your son towards a path of success. Good job, dad!
cool.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #10 of 16
Wow.... Congrats Dad, Thats QUITE an accomplishment for you all. You have my admiration
rs1smile.gif

Any tips you can offer/post on Raising a boy through his teens and on into manhood would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations to you all!!

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back