One more time..
Oct 6, 2007 at 3:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kpeezy

Headphoneus Supremus
We're gonna celebrate! Just kidding. I'm looking to pick up a pair of bookshelf speakers for ~$100. I'll be hooking these up to a receiver to use with my turntable setup. I don't want to spend much money because I'll rarely use them. Mostly I'll use my headphones. However, I'm sure there will be occasions when I'll want to have the lack of a headphone cable or people will be over. So, recommendations would be very appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
I will blindly follow your advice because I know nothing, so please be nice
tongue.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 6
With $100, its difficult to find decent speakers. The only popular thing in that price range that I know of is the M-Audio StudioPro 3. The more you spend, the more options there are. I haven't heard any personally, but have heard great things about the Swan M200 and the M-Audio BX5a, which are a bit more money.

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We're gonna celebrate!

Music's got me feeling so free.

- - -

Good speakers for that cheap? Two words: Garage sales. There are often good deals to be had on old stereo equipment of all sorts at garage sales.

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you prefer brand new, check out the small but decent Boston Acoustics CR57B, or some of Pioneer's bookshelves. The last time I went into Circuit City, they had all of those models setup and ready for listening. Also consider checking out the Athena, Yamaha, JBL, and Insignia bookshelves if you have a nearby Best Buy.

Thanks very much
smily_headphones1.gif
Also, brand new isn't necessary. I don't mind one way or the other. I would just like to get as much as possible out of my $100 limit
smily_headphones1.gif
Oh, if you see any good deals on ebay let me know
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back