One more thread... Ordering from Canada, bad idea?
post-176668
Post #1 of 3

radrd

Found that torchiere lamps induce nicotine addiction in moths.
Reaction score
Take Five Audio has a great price on the Shanling CD-S100/Music Hall mmf-25.

I'm considering ordering one, but the reason they have a good price is because they are located in Ontario, Canada.

With the worry about bombs and terrorists, is US customs likely to open/damage my player? That would really suck, especially since shipping will probably be rather expensive.

I'm going to call Take Five and ask about packaging, customs, etc., but I figured I would check here to see if anyone else has ordered anything from Canada or even Take Five.

Thanks for answering all of my questions lately; I'm almost done researching, and hopefully I will get to do some auditioning before I order anything. Thanks again.

post-176718
Post #2 of 3

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
Reaction score
Well...I live in Canada and I have been ordering a number of items from over seas this past year and most coming from the US. I have not had problems. I have a friend who lives in Redmond and he ordered a HT setup including receiver and SACD/DVD player without any problems. So we have items shipping in both directions that have not had any problems. Hopefully that is the trend.

GL!

post-176744
Post #3 of 3

msjjr

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Take Five Audio has a great reputation in Ontario. I don't think you'd have any problems. Keep in mind that if you are buying a product not made in North America, you'll likely have to add duties to the purchase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)