One is better than two? RE-400/GR07 All-Rounder? OR 2 Cheaper pairs
Mar 12, 2015 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

teambayern

New Head-Fier
I've gone through a couple pairs of the Soundmagic E30s, which I've loved for comfort and sound, but haven't been as durable as I'd like.  The other problem is they don't have a mic, so I have to carry the Apple ear pods with me for work calls.  Now I've misplaced both the E30s and Apple pods while travelling, so I have a choice:  either go with an all-arounder that will work for commuting, exercising, work calls, ect or get the E30s again (or something similar) and then replace the Apple's with Panasonic 125 Ergos or another cheap pair of earbuds with a mic.

My budget is around 100, and I care most about comfort, durability, and sound.  (Isolation is not as important, since I use these while cycling and actually like hearing the cars for safety reasons).  Looks like the RE-400 is the popular choice in this range, but can't find any info on how well they hold up for running/exercise or general durability.  Same for the GR07.

Also, in case it helps , my current favorite non-IEM headphones are SR225i's, and I listen to a wide range of genres, but not EDM or electronica.

So, what would you do?  Any recommendations appreciated.

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 3
RE-400 does not have a great reputation for durability I'm afraid. People who buy overlook that in light of its reputation for sounding great. I have seen people recommend those concerned with breaking them to just go ahead and buy two. I realize that would bust your budget but from your post I have deduced that you are gainfully employed. Increase budget 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back