One headphone. Thats it!
Mar 17, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #31 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by phaseshift /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I should rephrase the question. I just ordered a Woo 6 amp, which phone should I plug into it?

That is a little different.
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

Retitle your thread to "Good Headphone for Woo6," so Woo owners can comment.

Mar 17, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #33 of 75
If I were going to buy a new headphone in that price range I'd probably go for a K701 if I wanted open and a W1000 if I wanted closed. I like the DT880 also but it depends on the source, amp, etc.

Mar 17, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #34 of 75
icon10.gif
Hopefully, they make it before I'm dead.

Mar 17, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #35 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Much different question, which begets a few more.

What's your budget?

Will you want open or closed?

What type of music do you listen to?

What headphones have you heard that you like?

We need more info to give you suggestions such as the questions above

Mar 17, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #36 of 75
Pffft!!! Omegas, Orpheus, Edition 9s. I used to think so too, but I've been converted!
These new Sennheiser HD-700s are the best sounding headphones I've ever heard, hands down, no contest!
The planar technology that they've been touting really didn't peek my interest since I've heard planar speakers before. It wasn't until I fully understood that it's the newly developed material used in the planar drivers that makes all the difference. This stuff was developed by NASA and is an incredible 1 micron thin sheet, that's stronger than Kevlar!
Yeah I know I'm not known as a Senn. guy, but these things will shred Omega IIs without breakin' a sweat. I'm done, these are headphone nirvana!

Mar 17, 2007 at 8:22 AM Post #39 of 75
I would be hard pressed to pick just one. The HE90/ES-1 is glorious but so too is the K1000/Air Tight. The Omega II/ES-1 is also fantastic.

Mar 17, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #43 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000, far and away. Hot damn they rock my world like no other. Everyone needs to own an AD2000 at some point in time I say!

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Mar 17, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #44 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone needs to own an AD2000 at some point in time I say!

That is one hell of a claim - $500 headphones for the masses? Or do you mean everyone on head-fi? (Not including me; I'm a noob and haven't even gotten my first proper pair of headphones yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back