One for the aussies...
Jun 30, 2003 at 12:51 AM Post #32 of 91
I didn't know there were retailers selling grado's here

which ones you get?

I think I've seen that shop is it near town hall?

and welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet (apparently the standard greeting here)
rs1smile.gif

Jun 30, 2003 at 1:11 AM Post #33 of 91
got my sr60+hd414 pads..and along the way.. stumbled on pcdp2(d777), 2 (ej01).. and senn 490 and 495.. and yeah.... i'm sorry about my wallet too.. hahhaha

still looking for an amp...

-------------------------
which ones you get?

I think I've seen that shop is it near town hall?

Jun 30, 2003 at 3:13 AM Post #34 of 91
Quote:

Originally posted by Nights_85
maybe they get together and show off all their gear or something...?

who knows, I've never heard of anything like that happening in oz really... how many people here are from Sydney anyway?

Not quite.. it's more a chance to listen to other equipment other than your own. (so you need more than just the headphones there :p)

there's a brisbane headphone meet being organised for this coming Sunday. There's a thread on overclockers australia here

Aug 4, 2003 at 12:46 AM Post #35 of 91
Sorry, a little bit OOT.

Where I can get Koss KSC-35 used or new in Sydney or near Sydney? Help, please ...

Aug 4, 2003 at 10:09 PM Post #37 of 91
Thanks for the info on sgheadphones.

I would be very glad if one can tell me where I can get Koss Product esp. KSC Series at fair price and good service in Sydney. Australian posters, may be? I need the retailer address. Please recommend to me may be some places relatively near to Sydney.
wink.gif

Aug 5, 2003 at 1:23 AM Post #39 of 91
There is also a cd store in Newtown. If you go up the back they have the Koss products although at near extortion prices.

We need a good Headphone store here in Sydney, which sells things cheap. $260AU for the SR80's is flamin' ridiculous.

Damnit mack, we need cheaper cans!

Aug 13, 2003 at 2:04 PM Post #40 of 91
I live in Melbourne and bought most of my headphone gears from overseas. Most of the hifi shops only sell what other shops also sell. Mention the name such as Audio Technica and they will hear it for the very first time.

For some upper scale hifi shops, Musical Fidelity's XCan is THE only answer to headphone-fi, or perhaps Creeks. There is one shop in Melbourne called Tovoli Audio which sells Stax.

I bought Cosmic reference from Headroom, ATHW2002 from Taiwan and various stuff from various places. I really wish I could try, test these products with locals, but ..
frown.gif

Anyway, if you live in Melbourne and want to try W2002 or Cosmic or ER4S, contact me
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2003 at 11:56 AM Post #42 of 91
Quote:

Originally posted by IZCool
Does anyone know of anywhere in Australia that sells Shure earphones? I'm interested in buying a pair of the e5 s but I don't know how much they are gonna rip out of my bank balance...

Sadly
frown.gif
i think it's been established that we're a head-fi desert down here....

best bet is to see if you can listen to another forum members here in australia, and if you like them, buy from the states, like headroom or something like that...

headroom will probably be getting my $400-ish on HD600, which leaves me $400 better off than buying them here....

no brainer??
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back