One down, one to go... (56k caution)
Aug 29, 2004 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Nisbeth

Headphoneus Supremus
I finally managed to case my PPA after it has spend a few months in a "voodoochile-case" (clamped to a piece of wood
wink.gif
) Pics below
smily_headphones1.gif

The thread title of course refers to that I have a v1.1 board nearly completed as well. With any luck it'll be cased up in three months or so
rolleyes.gif

PPA-1a.jpg

PPA-1b.jpg

PPA-1c.jpg

PPA-1d.jpg

PPA-1e.jpg

PPA-1f.jpg

Do stupid things with the camera and get interesting results...
biggrin.gif

PPA-1g.jpg

/U.

Aug 29, 2004 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 28
Nisbeth, that amp looks fantastic, well done!! The faceplate looks alot like my full monty!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2004 at 4:18 PM Post #5 of 28
Those Danes sure do have good design sense!
smily_headphones1.gif
What case is that? Doesn’t look like a Hammy. + I love the Plex! Very slick. Knob?

J-

Aug 29, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 28
Beautiful Casing! Very neat! Well done!

A very nice showcase as well
icon10.gif

But seems that you didn't connect the audio ground to the casing, but the negative voltage instead. Why? Wouldn't it makes your amp will prone to hum?

Aug 29, 2004 at 4:49 PM Post #7 of 28
Where do you get LEDs like that???

Aug 29, 2004 at 5:23 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpribadi
But seems that you didn't connect the audio ground to the casing, but the negative voltage instead. Why? Wouldn't it makes your amp will prone to hum?

Hmm, not really sure what you mean here. It might be the wire colours which confuse you but I only have red, black and blue
smily_headphones1.gif
The amp is dead quiet unlesss it's connected to my computer
wink.gif

Scott: I bought the LED's from www.besthongkong.com a few months ago, but they seem to have removed them from the site for some reason. The colour is pink but depending on angle and what it shines on it can look purple as well.
smily_headphones1.gif
(Edit: You can see the difference on pictures 2 and 3)

Brad: The knob is from ApexJr (Click on "New arrivals" and scroll down a bit. The image on the site is a little light. Mine are closer to the real colour)

JHouser: The enclosure was bought locally and I think it's made by a German company called Isel. Unlike the Hammond the bottom is removable (slides in). The endpanels are not the original. They were lasercut and bead blasted by a friend of mine who's an ME so the finish is actually 95% cheating
wink.gif
. The clear top is made from 1,5 mm PU bought from a local hobby shop. It's a nice touch but it attracts dust like a magnet and scratches far to easily if you ask me
frown.gif
I might put the original top back on (which is the same anodized finish as the sides) if the clear one gets too ugly
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the comments everyone
smily_headphones1.gif
(Especially the "Danish Design" one
wink.gif
)

/U.

Aug 30, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #12 of 28
wow. absolutely stunning. is it hard to learn the ropes to casing stuff nicely??? i'm blown away by the quality of many of the cases ive seen around here and headwize. sensational work guys...

Aug 30, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #13 of 28
thats a very stunning amp. very nice work.

Aug 30, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisbeth
The clear top is made from 1,5 mm PU bought from a local hobby shop. It's a nice touch but it attracts dust like a magnet and scratches far to easily if you ask me
frown.gif

Yep, I had an Adcom amp in High School that I replaced the cover with a Plexiglas top. Looked great for the first 15 minutes.
smily_headphones1.gif
Keep on pushing the design envelope

Aug 30, 2004 at 6:12 AM Post #15 of 28
Very nice, Nisbeth!

Quote:

is it hard to learn the ropes to casing stuff nicely???

It takes practice and patience. My first amps looked like ca-ca.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back