One Day Arm Cure (AMAZING Bi/Tri Routine)
May 30, 2005 at 6:01 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gopher
Yeah... it is extreemly abusive of these two small muscles, and I'm REALLY paying for it today, but walking past the mirror and seeing 18+ inch arms makes it worth it FOR ME.

Please let us know if they stay enlarged...my guess is they won't, but I'd like to know either way!!

biggrin.gif

-Alex

May 30, 2005 at 8:50 PM Post #17 of 29
Now that is a ridiculous amount of exercising in one day! Exactly what weight percentage of your 1RM are you supposed to use for these exercises? Like, 5%?

BTW, for looking like a sissy while lifting, I've always liked doing drop-sets. The idea is to put a ton of little plates (like 10 lbs. each) on a barbell. Do sets of ten, and after each set, take off one plate from each side. You can do it w/o a spotter, but I don't recommend it. Assuming you start high enough, it's hilarious to watch as you're down to only the bar and are having to arch your back just to finish that last set.
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #18 of 29
Are you sure it isn't jsut the pump you're experiencing after a workout?

Let me know if you keep the gains after 1 week...
plainface.gif

May 31, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #19 of 29
Looks like absolute hell. Doubt I'd have the time for it, either. I have enough trouble doing an hour or so...

May 31, 2005 at 11:20 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
what is a 501 tempo? I'd like to try it, but the exercises seem pretty complicated. I'm wondering if it works without all the fancy supplements, I don't touch those, especially creatine. The only thing I take is flaxseed oil.

It has to do with the speed you are performing your exercise. I believe the first number is negative, the 3rd is the positive, and the 2nd is the wait in-between (all in seconds).

So, if you are doing a preacher curl - 5 seconds down, 0 second hold, 1 second up. It can be quiet painful if you aren't used to it.
wink.gif

Somtimes people use 4 numbers with the 4th being the hold time in the contracted position.

-Alex

May 31, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #22 of 29
nearly all of the muscle soreness has subsided today and I am intending to return to the gym after work this evening. I've also been measuring my arms obsessively expecting these too good to be true results to dissapear, but I'm still measuring 18 and change 3 days later and the muscle feels pretty hard/dense too... not like swollen tissue.

Time will tell, I'll keep you guys posted.

May 31, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #23 of 29
Heh. That goes against all rules for good muscle hypertrophy.

Likely if you see any size gains in your arms from doing that, it's because the muscles are so damaged afterward that the tissue becomes swollen with fluid. In the long term, that kind of routine will probably develop scar tissue on your muscles, making them worse than before.

Fact: New muscle does not and can not grow over night. This is partial proof that the swelling in your arms is likely from tissue damage and fluid replacement instead of new muscle. Muscles do not grow when you work them, they get torn. 95% of muscle growth is done while you sleep. This process does not typically even START until 36-48 hours after the workout. Muscle does not recover (hypertrophy process) in 24 hours, it takes at least 72 hours after the recovery process begins. At least.

The gains you are seeing are fluid from the swelling of the trauma you caused your arms. When you recover, I wouldn't be suprised at all if you go back to your normal arm sets, and you've made ZERO gains in weight or reps, proving zero muscle gain. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if you went DOWN in previous capabilities. It's just like how your arms look pumped directly after you work out, it's just extra blood in your muscle tissue, it's not actual muscle being created. Which is why your arms are actually going to be smaller (albiet barely noticable) for the next couple of days while you recover. This process is a more long term injury to the muscle.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Further more, it's rather disapointing to see people going after sheer size when it comes to excercise and lifting. Bulk does not equal strength. Dense muscle, muscle balance, strong support muscles and stout ligaments equal strength. All of these things would be damaged by a routine such as this.

I'm not trying to knock anyone who's tried this. But everything I've ever learned about muscle building and lifting weights goes AGAINST this type of excercise. There are better ways to add bulk to your person, get stronger, and shock the central nervous system. I would never recommend this work out to anyone.

Jun 3, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #24 of 29
TWIFOSOP,

I really don't appreciate the content and tone of your post. What you state as a medical fact is simply not true in this case. All soreness is gone from my arms and I am left with very hard, solid muscle in the dimensions previously mentioned.

As I mentioned previously and as the plan suggests might happen, my arms had noticeably shrunk by the end of the workout and the gains I described happened primarily over night and durring the first 24 hours.

I've been recreationally bodybuilding for the last 5 years and was an accomplished athlete prior to that--I have a very good idea of how my muscles react to the abuse I put them through.

Futhermore, its rather dissapointing for me to see someone so arrogant and naive to think that they way they train (strength training) is the only way. Different people have different goals in the gym--be it general fitness, rehabilitation, loosing a couple pounds, strength training or bodybuilding: as long as your aware of your goals and are working smartly towards them, there is NOTHING dissapointing there.
Also, frankly speaking I'm stronger than 95% of this country and was a damn good wrestler in my day so I don't like your implications that MY goals are wrong, misguided or "dissapointing to you."

If you've got nothing positive and/or constructive to say, shut up.

Jun 3, 2005 at 2:24 PM Post #25 of 29
You know that creatine is a muscle growth drug and is illegal because hazardous to your health in most countries? This is the stuff pro wrestlers are full of... what is the point of ruining your health for quick results? Go to the gym and work out, seriously
rolleyes.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 2:45 PM Post #26 of 29
While I don't have any problem with people bulking up for the sake of it, I personally feel it's a bit of a waste of time. Yeah, it looks cool, but I'm going to side with TWIFOSP on this one. I don't know about the medical hazards, but I'd rather have dense, strong, but perhaps smaller muscles. I weigh all of 112 pounds (maybe 120 now, not sure - been using gainer for awhile) but I can still crank out 70-80 pushups, and run a sub 6-minute mile. I'm not in it for huge bulk, I just feel good about myself when I challenge myself.

As for creatine, it's not illegal, nor is it banned in most countries. No major sports organization that I know of bans it, not even the Olympics. There have not been any conclusive studies showing it to have proven negative effects on your body. So long as you stay properly hydrated, you should be fine. All it does is convert one energy source (ADP) to another (ATP), and also provide more water for your cells. What's more, your body already contains it. Taking it as an additive merely increases the amount in your body.

Jun 3, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gopher
TWIFOSOP,

I really don't appreciate the content and tone of your post. What you state as a medical fact is simply not true in this case. All soreness is gone from my arms and I am left with very hard, solid muscle in the dimensions previously mentioned.

As I mentioned previously and as the plan suggests might happen, my arms had noticeably shrunk by the end of the workout and the gains I described happened primarily over night and durring the first 24 hours.

I've been recreationally bodybuilding for the last 5 years and was an accomplished athlete prior to that--I have a very good idea of how my muscles react to the abuse I put them through.

Futhermore, its rather dissapointing for me to see someone so arrogant and naive to think that they way they train (strength training) is the only way. Different people have different goals in the gym--be it general fitness, rehabilitation, loosing a couple pounds, strength training or bodybuilding: as long as your aware of your goals and are working smartly towards them, there is NOTHING dissapointing there.
Also, frankly speaking I'm stronger than 95% of this country and was a damn good wrestler in my day so I don't like your implications that MY goals are wrong, misguided or "dissapointing to you."

If you've got nothing positive and/or constructive to say, shut up.

TWIFOSOP is entitled to their opinion, which is relevant to the thread. You only did this three days ago so as yet you don't know the long term effects of the program.

You clearly don't understand human physiology but yet you tell TWIFOSOP to "shut up". The only way muscle could get bigger that quickly is by the muscle cells swelling with fluid, which will add no extra long term strength. It takes weeks of training to get the muscle to manufacture more actin and myosin which are actually required to add muscle strength.

You'll probably tell me to shut up, but I have a quite extensive knowledge of human physiology having done a medical degree and postgraduate examinations in anaesthesia. Maybe if you could tell us what your qualifications are we could bow down to your superior physiological wisdom?

Jun 3, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #28 of 29
Gopher,

1) It is a well-known fact in the bodybuilding world that working out a single muscle is only effective up to a certain point, in terms of load per day. That routine is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.

2) TWIFOSOP and Big D are very much right. I would suggest you wisen up and see them as friends trying to stop you from extreme damage to your body, instead of dismissing their claims. You may be stronger than 95% of America, but you clearly don't know human physiology for squat.

Jun 3, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #29 of 29
Gopher, I'm sorry to see you take such offense to my previous post. You'll note in the last paragraph of my post I made it known that I wasn't knocking anyone trying the routine. I'm also sorry to see you attack my opinion because it doesn't agree with yours. But no hard feelings.

You are, however, mistaken that what I say is not fact. That is how new muscles grow. Go speak with a licensed physical trainer or doctor and they will tell you the same thing. They will also probably warn you away from training techniques such as this.

There is an expression that things too good to be true, usually are. The techniques described in this thread are usually used for body building competitions where visual size counts for the day of competition. They are not used for long term muscle growth and bulk gains.

Choose to believe whatever you want. I'm just trying to help you out in the long term by offering alternative information. Please do not take only my word for it. Consider others opinions and decide for yourself. Might I make the suggestion to go post this thread on popular bodybuilding and fitness forums and see what the reaction is? Let me suggest www.discussfitness.com. DF is one of the most popular fitness and body building forums on the web, and the people there contain a wide range of expert knowledge. Post your technique in the bodybuilding forum, and consider the feedback that you receive.

And I'm curious, your assertion that you're stronger than 95% of the country is rather bold.... how exactly did you come up with that figure? And what is _your_ measurement of strength?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back