One dac 2 (3?) amps.
Aug 4, 2016 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Spork67

100+ Head-Fier
I'm currently using a Grace m9XX DAC/amp.

I have a Stax amp, and am waiting for the Stax HPs to arrive.

I also just bought a nice Feliks tube amp to run my current HPs and any other dynamic or planar magnetic HPs I may buy down the track.

I would like to use the line out from the Grace unit, to use it as a DAC only, to both the Stax and the Feliks amps.

Most the RCA switches seem to be multiple inputs, one out. But aren't these just a switch? Can I use them "backwards" - One input (DAC) multiple outs? (amps)?

I was thinking something like the Schiit Sys might work for this, and look a lot classier that the $10 ebay switches.

Aug 4, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm currently using a Grace m9XX DAC/amp.

I have a Stax amp, and am waiting for the Stax HPs to arrive.

I also just bought a nice Feliks tube amp to run my current HPs and any other dynamic or planar magnetic HPs I may buy down the track.

I would like to use the line out from the Grace unit, to use it as a DAC only, to both the Stax and the Feliks amps.

Most the RCA switches seem to be multiple inputs, one out. But aren't these just a switch? Can I use them "backwards" - One input (DAC) multiple outs? (amps)?

I was thinking something like the Schiit Sys might work for this, and look a lot classier that the $10 ebay switches.
Don't quote me but I think you can use them backwards. The Sys is made for what you want to do with two amps. Adding switches is going to add the potential of added noise so beware of that.

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #3 of 5
Don't quote me but I think you can use them backwards. The Sys is made for what you want to do with two amps. Adding switches is going to add the potential of added noise so beware of that.

Originally, I thought Jason said it couldn't be used backwards. Maybe they changed it?

However, I got the Niles AXP-1 before the SYS came out. Old fashioned dial switch in a metal case that you might could even stand on. Obviously made for pro audio commercial use. They discontinued them, but you might can find one on Ebay.

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 5
I found my answer: http://schiit.com/products/sys - "Hey, can you use this in reverse to switch 1 input to two outputs?
Yes, with the volume all the way up. But why not just use RCA Y-cables or splitters, like these?"
But maybe splitter cables would be just as good / better.
Will try that option first methinks.

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 5
Give it a shot for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back