once dining at red lobster
Mar 30, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #16 of 45
I don't know if Red Lobster has ever been decent. Maybe for locations not near water? The local seafood places have always been a thousand percent better, and the prices similar. *shrugs*

Mar 30, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #19 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen
Sorry you had a bad experience but their cheezy biscuits are the bomb!

YEAH they are!

I've never liked Red Lobster for their service. Frankly, I'd rather go to a Long John Silver's than a Red Lobster...unless I get a mad cheese biscuit craving.

Mar 30, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #20 of 45
The food there is very mediocre and the price is not cheap. Why people line up to eat at this place is beyond me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahn
in nyc, when i want to eat seafood "family style" i go to City Crab - the in laws love it! we avoid red lobster like the plague.

I've always wanted to try City Crab. My uncle lives less than a block away and I've walked past it many times. Glad to know that its a good spot!

Mar 30, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
The food there is very mediocre and the price is not cheap. Why people line up to eat at this place is beyond me.

Because people, Americans most of all, constantly fall victim to their apathy, ignorance, and addiction to convenience.

I've never understood the desire to eat the same thing over and over again and the lack of willingness to try different cuisines. It never fails with most of my family members. If I mention wanting to go eat Indian, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc. they look at me like confused goats.

Why is the concept of trying new things so foreign to non-foreigners? I'll never get it.

Mar 30, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #22 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen
but their cheezy biscuits are the bomb!

You guys are making me hungry.
I'm gonna have to find a Red Lobster and try those.

Best cheese bread ever, The Smoke House
in Burbank, CA. Right across from Warner Bros. studios.
Half the people you see waiting for a table are just waiting
for their to-go order of cheese bread... hmmm I'm hungry.

Second place, The North Woods Inn in San Gabriel, CA.

Mar 30, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #23 of 45
Great Harvest stores here in Tacoma have a cheeze-garlic bread that is pretty near irresistable...

I have eaten at both Red Lobster and Olive Garden restaurants here in the Tacoma, Washington area...they are pretty good!! Have not had any service problems at all. The Olive garden in Bellingham was fantastic just last month.

Is the "Darden" the same one that was on the prosecution against O.J.?

This here boy from the land of steaks and steers, likes Thai, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Ethiopian, Indian, Afghanistani, Russian, German, Swiss, Hawaiian, Cajun, Deep South, Phillipino, Texas, Mexican, Tex-Mex, New England, Italian, Salvadoran, English, and even French Cuisines, all either taken in their country of origin, or cooked for me by a citizen of the named country, many of them both ways. I'm fond of nearly any food - you can look at me and tell.

Mar 30, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #24 of 45
1 small box buttermilk biscuit mix (bisquick/jiffy)
2/3 cup of milk
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 450 deg.

Combine biscuit mix, water, and cheese with wooden spoon to form soft dough. Stir vigorously for 30 seconds. Drop dough by heaping tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes.

While biscuits are baking, combine butter or margarine with garlic powder. Spread garlic butter mixture over biscuits immediately after removing from oven.

Makes approx 10 biscuits.

Mar 30, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #26 of 45
The prices are outrageous, but I love this place. I go here every year for my birthday. I always get one of their crazy meals, and this year my mom got that lobster bisque, and trust me, those cheesy biscuits and the lobster bisque were made for each other. Oh my gosh, absolutely heavenly. The alfredo stuff is good, the lobster itself is mediocre and absolutely horrendously priced compared to what we get in Maine (last time we got lobsters in Maine, we got 8 of them for 60 bucks), but I love their overall dining atmosphere, service, and presentation (at least this is with my local one).

Mar 30, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #28 of 45
fast food sea food and your expectations should be on that basis and not what you expect from a serious dining facility (with prices to match the service).
I actually went to a Red Lobster last month with a mixed crowd of babies,children and adults some who were old enough to drink,some not, so the full spectrum group=family and freinds.
We knew they did not Take reservations but also realised we would be "caught out" and sitting at separate tables if we did not give them a heads up on our numbers so we called ahead and left them a note that we would be a party of twelve arriving at 7:00 PM and could they accomodate us to which the answer was yes.

so we arrive a few at a time with my wife children and myself first,announce who we are and inquire if there will be a problem to which the response is "no,we have been preparing for you" and as everyone eventually showed up we entered the dining area togther and were seated at a "manufactured" table for 12.
As other customer were finished eating they took that table and somehow manged to put enough together to fit the whole crew while still having lanes for easy access to serve us and not get in the way of others.They did not have to do this but went the extra mile anyway just because.We stayed for hours tying up an entire section and it turned out such a fun and painless experience everyone in the party made it a point to tip over and above the preset AND personally thank the staff for their effort.

nothing bad to say here folks.they gave me first class service in what is no more than a fast food chain and i doubt you get anything close at Taco Bell or McDonalds or not few actual high ticket eateries

Mar 31, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #29 of 45
I hate to admit it but I have always had a weakness for their Crab Alfredo. That and the biscuits are why we go there every six months or so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back