Onboard or sound card
Nov 20, 2009 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Turtlecake

New Head-Fier
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but...

I recently ordered some Alessandro MS1i's, which should arrive shortly. I'm not really an audiophile, and don't plan to use an amp or anything, mainly 'cause I can't afford it. Would I get better sound quality using the onboard audio from my Gigabyte EX58-UD4P, or from my brother's crappy Creative Audigy SE 7.1?

Thanks in advance for the help.
biggrin.gif

Windows 7 by the way. I heard creative has driver issues...

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 8
Good Soundcard and an Amp hardly adviced, bot Soundcards will hold back the performance of those by far. At least invest like 200$ more to get at least 80% of your new babys could do.

If you really don't want to afford that i would say go for the creative, they are crappy to, my former audigy hat basses like playing in a swamp. No kick at all.

If you want to hear what you spent money for, go for option 1. Sorry for your wallet and welcome to the head-fi world.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #3 of 8
meh. obv the Creative Audigy gonna be better since a $25 sound card > anything from onboard. It's a decent step up from onboard, don't expect miracles.

obv you're gonna notice the improvements and all, but not by a large margin. THE million dollar, however, is ......... Will your brother just willingly hand you that that card??? then What will be his sound device???????

take the audigy if ur brother is too stupid to realize or just save 70 bucks and get the X-FI Xtreme gamer.

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 8
I will sell you my audigy 2 zs. They're decent with custom drivers and if you use an amp.

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #5 of 8
i officially call this one: troll suspect

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #6 of 8
i officially call this one: make cave for bear

Nov 20, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #8 of 8
What...happened to this topic...

Haha.

Uh...I don't have any money to spend. No amp, no other sound card. I just have onboard and the Creative Audigy SE. So, I should use the Creative. Which drivers? Just whichever Creative has?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back