On the Ear Headphones for ~$50
Aug 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ConsultingGeek

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a good pair of on the ear headphones for around $50. I'd prefer to spend only $50 but I might would go up to $70. Mainly I listen to rock, some alternative, and pop. I also like to throw in some dubstep and a little JPOP. I'm mostly looking for good mids and highs, bass isn't too important for me but I don't want nonexistent bass. I only want closed headphones, I like to keep my music to myself, if it's open, I'm not interested. Currently I'm using a pair of Skullcandy Cassettes, they're good, but the highs can be a bit harsh, which I why I'm looking around for other pairs. Also comfort is important, I don't want to smash my ears all up haha. 

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 8
I've heard nothing but good about the Grado sr60i headphones. They are open which I really do not want, however, since they're good for modding I was wondering if there are any mods that reduce sound leakage. 

Aug 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #5 of 8
Wow those look pretty nice, seem to pack exactly what I'm looking for. One problem I have with a lot of headphones is they're ugly to me, but the JVC HA-S500's are actually quite pleasant to look at. I'll wait for some more recommendations but those look pretty solid. 

Aug 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 8
ill agree it does seem the way for this price point is the jvc ha-s500.  I dont have the grado 60's but have had the 80's and still have my allessandro ms1's (modified grado's) you would be defeating the purpose of them being open by closing them off so best to leave them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back