On Stage Usage IEM
Feb 15, 2008 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

standingamazed

New Head-Fier
Hello to all.

I have been using the Westone UM2's for over a year now, and really like them. However, I'm ready to move up the food chain a bit. Here is my short list:

-Livewires

-Westone ES2

-UE 5pro

The Livewire's seem like a terrific bargain, and from reading the post here...a great IEM. Am I going to gain anything REALLY noticeable with the Westone's or UE's?

These will be used for everything - stage, general listening, workout, yard work, etc. I will not be using an external amp, so differences that can be noted with an amp do not play a role here.

thanks!

Feb 15, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #2 of 9
If you're getting a good seal on the IEMs you have right now then the sound differences will probably be minimal (although there are differences between each IEM of course). The real leap would be in comfort, as the pressure in the ear canal would be even everywhere instead of concentrated in one place with universal fit IEMs.

You might look into having custom molded tips done for your UM2's. If you like their sound then you'll still have that, but with a jump in comfort.

Feb 15, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #3 of 9
I play bass guitar and use the LiveWires on stage along with the Butt Kicker shaker to get the pulse from the Kick drum and the vibration from the bass. It gives me the loud sensation as to not have to turn the IEM's up as loud.

The custom fit works great as I was always adjusting the consumer IEM's to get the seal or the comfort right.

I would say anything with a custom ear piece is what would be preferred
if you have the budget. I tried lots of canal phones and spent a lot of money before I went with the LiveWires to get what I really needed.

Ace

Feb 15, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 9
Ok, the responses so far have been good, but I'm really looking to find out something more specific. Of the 3 IEM's I listed, is there a reason to consider the Westone's and UE's over the Livewires?

thanks!

Feb 15, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 9
Well since it will be your first custom, go for the Livewires to see if you like the seal/comfort of them, and with everyone giving them praise around here they can't be too bad, so wth, eh?

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #7 of 9
IF your really want to just test out customs to see how they feel. I'd reccomend going for the cheapest option with the single driver freqs. If you don't like it, they have a 90% money back guarantee. I'm pretty sure Livewires has it too if you want to start with a double driver custom right off the bat.

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by FooTemps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IF your really want to just test out customs to see how they feel. I'd reccomend going for the cheapest option with the single driver freqs. If you don't like it, they have a 90% money back guarantee. I'm pretty sure Livewires has it too if you want to start with a double driver custom right off the bat.

LiveWires will refund the price less shipping (30-day satisfaction guarantee), and of course they're not going to refund the impression costs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #9 of 9
Pm sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back