On head-fi members kindness
Sep 2, 2007 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

luidge

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi all, today my mom come visit me at my home since i was sick a little bit and drop some package that got at her house wich is my late home. So she dropped two package, one a little bit smaller than my ordinary box but that was pretty heavy, the other wich seem to come from China and have the shape of a CD box. So i open them both and realise that these two were gift from head-fi members!! Yes you read it right 2 free gifts for me!

The first wich is indeed a CD come from Francis wich is known as FKCLO here, it was in fact an hyrid CD from the Hong Kong High-End Audio Visual Show!!! I know Francis from having dealt with him on some occasion recently and having good and friendly talks about audiophile stuff (hehe can't stop us from talking about sound eh). And one day i receive this email where he tell me that he is offering me this CD since i seem to be interested in audio and hope that i will like this CD and some music from China! See i didn't even ask him about this CD he just tought i would love to hear it, and i do!!! He even shipped it here for free, i mean it's great to receive free gift from kind people like this but receiving free gift shipped from accross the planet is way too cool to be true!!!

The second box was containing a pair of Shure E500PTH that Robert AKA Skylab bought for me from an ebay seller that only shipped to the US. I asked him politely if he would do this service for me with a little compensation since i didn't want to make him loose his time. So i sent him a first payment for the IEM plus some money for the helping hand, and in the week when he PMed me that he had received it i sent him a message for letting me know how much the shipping would be so i could send him the money, but i think that Robert only send it to me for free with the money i sent him for the service. Good lord that's too much!

So i wanted to thanks these two brillants head-fi member wich i now talk as my friends. Also i would like to thank the whole head-fi comunity as i have evolved a lot since the first day i come here looking for info on some earbuds, i have now find some really interesting people and develloped a hobby i love to death. You guys are incredible and i am trully touched to be part of this big family.

Luidge

Sep 2, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 17
i have bad news for you..

Skylab has been running a counterfeit Shure operation here in Chicago for the last year. hell i just escaped from his sweat shop conditions..though i should not complain cause i only got beat once a day. my last master beat me on the hour every hour for 18 hours strait....

blink.gif

tongue.gif

really those guys you mentioned are some of the nice ones here..but we have lots of great people on headfi. its cool to hear stories like this!

Sep 2, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab beat me twice a day.
frown.gif

That's cause you're his favourite! He only beats me every other day.
mad.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #6 of 17
hahaha yeah indeed he is such a meany!
But for real we should have our book of good deeds as a sticky somewhere hehe i am sure lot of good actions take place everyday here!

Sep 2, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you:
5. The "normal" users who make Head-Fi a great place!

such a great place to drain your wallet!
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #11 of 17
so far headfi members have given me a multimeter and a windows cd, and i hardly knew the members; for real, this is the most generous and as far as i'm concerned, the best forum i've ever come accross; not to mention all the successful transactions for used gear from standup fellows

much love

Sep 2, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #12 of 17
Yeah, I love this place. All the people here are soo kind, friendly and helpful. If only all forums would be like this. I hope things stay the way it is, because I have been on another forum(hand phones) and it has gone downhill over the years, and that forum is as old as Head-Fi. It started out something like head-Fi but then a lot of selfish new members have appeared over the years and there has been a lot of bickering lately... bleh...

I like all the peeps here, you guys are mature, funny, open minded and have a sense of humor.

Thank you to all Head-Fiers !
wink.gif
cool.gif

Cheers!

Sep 2, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #14 of 17
I applaud those who make this place worth coming to. Even those who challenge or argue. Without it, you couldn't learn. I spend most of my internet time on here for the comraderie and humor. I try to stay out of things I know little about. I have mentioned on here before about how the maturity, level of education, monitary diversity and humor are top notch. The group polices itself and lets us get reasonably loose with our discussions.

Thank you for sharing your story and giving kudos to the members. Head-Fi, you're the greatest.

Sep 3, 2007 at 8:06 AM Post #15 of 17
x2.........Feelin the love!
icon10.gif

I will be receiving 6 high end transistors from a NYC member, pro bono for my Millett Max amp!
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back