On 'favourite headphones'
Oct 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #16 of 29
17. You you are actually satisfied and stop caring about others' opinions on Head-fi.

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #17 of 29
18. No you aren´t satisfied you just fooled yourself and just bought the standing FOTM headphone.

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #18 of 29
I'll let that one slip moogoob, as long as you agree never to say anything complimentary about the 325is again. Ever.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
18. No you aren´t satisfied you just fooled yourself and just bought the standing FOTM headphone.

Haha! The Grado HF-2 has been the flavor of the last three months!
tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #20 of 29
I dont know, SS - I agree that it has been *a* FOTM, but your own SRH840 seem to have captured a lot of folks imagination : I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that they are cheaper and easier to obtain, but I'm still keen to listen to a pair when I finally get to Singapore in December. Still have very high expectations of the RS1, but recent posts make me wonder if I would even hear the differences immediately.

Thats something else about headphone lust - the next pair always seems so close and yet so very far away.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #21 of 29
19. You're completely happy with your setup and said goodbye to Headfi. Sometime after that, you just happened to browse headfi and promised you won't be tempted... and it all go downhill from there. (or is it uphill??)

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont know, SS - I agree that it has been *a* FOTM, but your own SRH840 seem to have captured a lot of folks imagination : I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that they are cheaper and easier to obtain, but I'm still keen to listen to a pair when I finally get to Singapore in December. Still have very high expectations of the RS1, but recent posts make me wonder if I would even hear the differences immediately.

Thats something else about headphone lust - the next pair always seems so close and yet so very far away.
smily_headphones1.gif

I fully support anyone getting a pair of SRH-840's. It's pretty safe to say that they are amazing for the money and, since its fans are relatively legion in such a short time, justifiably acclaimed. They are surely going from flavor of the month to flavor of the 'ear!
jecklinsmile.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #24 of 29
20. You get mad at your wife because she is constantly one step away from stepping on your headphone cables, and then it hits you.

You either need a bigger place to live, or just truly need less headphones.

Then you go curl up in a corner and cry just because you need a good cry.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #25 of 29
21. Start to spend excessive amounts on minor upgrades that give questionable, improvement in sound quality, but make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, thus increasing overall enjoyment nonetheless.

Cable lifts anyone??? My favourite upgrade, that I will most definitely never buy.

Placebo is king.

Oct 14, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #26 of 29
22. Purchasing, or even seriously considering purchasing a piece of equipment that you do not have the equipment to actually use until and unless you add or upgrade another componenet to your system.

Mind you, this is happening to me at this very moment. Mmm, electrostatics.

Oct 14, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou Erickson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
22. Purchasing, or even seriously considering purchasing a piece of equipment that you do not have the equipment to actually use until and unless you add or upgrade another componenet to your system.

Mind you, this is happening to me at this very moment. Mmm, electrostatics.

Same here, I'm buying some SR325i's with G Cushions, next month (the 13th, to be precise, told CE to have them ready for meh. )

23. You ask your girlfriend to buy you new headphones so you can actually listen to them without her getting mad at you for not listening to X pair she got you for Y occasion, because you got Z pair for W occasion. (you'll end up spending the same cash equivalent elsewhere on her)

This is a situation I found myself in, when I got my ATH-AD700 which have become my favourite headphones lately, she got mad at me for using them over my Sony MDR-V6. (BTW, I love seeing her bob her head to a song I'm listening to on the ATH's, I mean they're mini loudspeakers)

I think I'm going to ask for HD600's for christimas. That or a compass.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You learn that the Stax Mafia is not a myth. They're coming for you. You turn out the lights, but they know you by the glow of your tubes.

Maybe I shouldn't build that tubed exsata then... scary.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back