On ebay can you refuse a buyer to bid?
May 19, 2004 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jlo mein

In some place that's not Canada ....the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Right now i'm selling my senn px200's on ebay and a potential bidder sent me an email.

He says he's considering bidding on my phones, but says he has never heard of the PX200's. He thinks i have made a mistake in my listing, thinking that i am actually selling PX250's.

Now, there are quite a few PX200's for sale on ebay...if he were to find my listing by some search he would find that there are many more PX200 listings and that Senn PX200's do in fact exist.

This is what bothers me. His email sounds very confusing and he also has several spelling mistakes in it. He has 0 feedback. Something about this buyer gives me a bad gut feeling.

As a seller on ebay, are you allowed to respond to an email like this and tell the buyer you don't want them bidding on your item?

May 19, 2004 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 9
At the bottom of the "My Ebay" page there are buyer and seller options.

In those options is the ability to block specific bidders. Here's where you would enter his name. There are options to approve bidders also.

If you have bad vibes dealing with the guy it'd probably be best to block his bids so there is no chance of further problems.

Mitch

May 19, 2004 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 9
thanks for the quick reply.

one last question, if i block him from bidding on my auctions...do you think i should email him back to tell him that....or if i should just not reply at all?

May 19, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 9
Normally I put a disclaimer saying a bidder with zero feedback or excessive negative feedback will be cancelled at my discretion (i.e., no warning). You might want to do that in the future or edit that to your current ad!

May 19, 2004 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 9
one last question, if i block him from bidding on my auctions...do you think i should email him back to tell him that....or if i should just not reply at all?

It's up to you. Since he cannot hurt you in anyways (other than sending you a nagging email), you are free to ignore him. Remember only the winner of auction can post your feedback in Ebay.

May 19, 2004 at 7:41 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein
thanks for the quick reply.

It's up to you. But he sounds like a serious buyer to me. If he just wanted to bid for fun, he wouldn't bother asking you by email etc...

May 20, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein
He says he's considering bidding on my phones, but says he has never heard of the PX200's. He thinks i have made a mistake in my listing, thinking that i am actually selling PX250's.

Just point him to Sennheiser's PX200 product details page and be done with it. If he still doesn't believe that there's such a thing as PX200s, then block him and good riddance.

D.

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
At the bottom of the "My Ebay" page there are buyer and seller options.

In those options is the ability to block specific bidders. Here's where you would enter his name. There are options to approve bidders also.

If you have bad vibes dealing with the guy it'd probably be best to block his bids so there is no chance of further problems.

Mitch

Could you navigate me to the page where I can block buyers from bidding on my auction? I just cannot find it.

Jun 10, 2004 at 5:15 PM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back