On-ear (not over the ear!) wireless headphone recommendations
Nov 16, 2022 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

stevehollx

New Head-Fier
I have Plantronics Backbeat Sense headphones that are getting long in the tooth. They are pretty comfortable and sound decent, but the leather ear cups are starting to deteriorate. Looking at new replacement options.

I have HD600 for serious listening, and those are my standard for sound quality and comfort. But they don't work on the plane, for casual use walking the dog (not wireless), etc.

What options are out there for good quality headphones that sit ON the ears but not AROUND the ears? Seems most vendors are doing in-ears (can't do, due to an oddly shaped ear canal from surgery) and over-the-ear (dont prefer for casual use).

Sadly, was considering Beats Solo3 given they are on ear and support spatial audio for iOS. Especially since they just dropped their price today for a bit. I've never been a Beats fan, but given spatial audio support has me now partially considering them. Since there aren't any good options for aptX or other wireless lossless for iOS?

Price range, let's say up to $300 is fair game. Anything I should be looking at?

Nov 16, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 3
Master & Dynamic MW50+ would be an option. They come with both on-ear and over-ear pads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back