On-ear headphones
Jul 28, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #2 of 7
Depends which ones, @ylekot,

You have to be more specific, depending on usage, some on ears aren't bad, at least where sound is concerned, comfort is another matter.

So which ones did you try ?

Jul 28, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #3 of 7
It was a cheap set of Vivitar Bluetooth headphones that my wife has......sounded like tin cans and made the cartilage of my ears hear in about 10 minutes....

I did not expect great sound but the things physically hurt my ears.....smashed them to the side of my head.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #4 of 7
It depends on the particular unit. Of course, most cheap wireless on-ear closed-back headphones are extremely wretched in both sound quality and comfort, in general. But I have also listened to expensive wired ones that seriously underperform for their prices (such as the Beats Solo HD).

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #5 of 7
Not all on-ears are not worth considering, some of them are actually very good, for sound quality and comfort, in my opinion.
In the past i've owned the Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 and the Ultrasone Edtion M. The Edition M had a higher level of sound quality compared to the Momentum 1.0 but the Momentum 1.0 was still a very good sounding headphone. I found both headphones to be very comfortable. The Editon M actually comes with premium MMCX balanced cables and is one of the most neutral headphones i've heard. The Momentum 1.0 had a very interesting fun sound signature, but it was still detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back