On e-Bay: NIB Sony D-211 for $1500 (What?!?!?)
Jun 13, 2006 at 8:21 AM Post #31 of 57
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Given I think even $200 is a pretty OKAY price for a NIB D211, but Walter, $1500 is just exploiting the fact that these are collectibles. It kills the hobby and turns it into a money making machine, you KNOW they don't worth that much. Why...?
mad.gif

I once got an offer for a working D88 for like USD$65

Jun 13, 2006 at 10:43 AM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
you don't get to be justin timberlake on pennies, man!
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I hear you. Fame cost money, and you can't get there for free or by being a j-walk dancer either. Walt, whatever you say in having a so called buyer being Springsteen's friend. I have a prospective buyer for my D-555 who's willing to pay me $2500, he's a good friend of Big Bird (won't mention his name) from Sesame Street.

Jun 13, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #34 of 57
Yeah,

I am sure Bruce and his friend are hip to headfi and read here all the time!! ....
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
(joke)

Nice1 Duncan glad to see that new disclaimer in the PCDP review about the 211, and happy birthday man, was out of town but wanted to wish you well.

Jun 13, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #35 of 57
I just realised After checking the ebay link that my father has a portable sony cd player similar to that one. I must check the model! Maybe he has one of those really nice ones and I don't know!

Jun 13, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #36 of 57
Waltchan,

Quote:

What's up with all the bashing. Damn...

I already received an e-mail from a buyer who may be interested in buying the D-211 from me for $1,500. He is one of Bruce Springsteen's friends (won't mention his name). So, for anybody complaining that I am out of my minds, you need to stop worrying because I know that it will sell.

Good day to you all...

What a shameless post! Must feel good to rip people off.

Jun 14, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #37 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by waltchan
What's up with all the bashing. Damn...

I already received an e-mail from a buyer who may be interested in buying the D-211 from me for $1,500. He is one of Bruce Springsteen's friends (won't mention his name). So, for anybody complaining that I am out of my minds, you need to stop worrying because I know that it will sell.
580smile.gif

Good day to you all...

boss119nt.jpg

max! step away from the computer!!

Jun 15, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #39 of 57
Yeah, right... whatever you say, I don't give a crap.
rolleyes.gif
Hope you feel good in fooling some uninformed buyer and making a huge profit at their expense if you did actually sell it which I don't believe you did, because I'm sure the victim (or in your case a make believe victim) would think twice if he or she was better informed.

Jun 15, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #41 of 57
Lol, yes we all believe you walt. Did the guy see Duncan's revision and tell you to take a hike? ;D

Jun 15, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #42 of 57
Who ended up buying it? Rod Stewart's second cousin? Perhaps David Lee Roth's dog washer? No, I'm sure it was Boy George's ex-husband.

Congratulate him for me.

Jun 15, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #43 of 57
Waltchan,
You are a disgrace to headfi. Maybe you will use the 1500 dollars to pay for your tuition.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 15, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #44 of 57
hahaha, classic case of PWNAGE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back