On e-Bay: NIB Sony D-211 for $1500 (What?!?!?)
Jun 12, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #16 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
Check out the link now
wink.gif

Edited for truth

NICE!

EDIT: you might want to add the auction number too

Jun 12, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #17 of 57
Quote:

Check out the link now
wink.gif

Edited for truth

Nice Work!

As for the going price, I just picked up a D-211 on German EBAY for 13 Euros
orphsmile.gif

Jun 12, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #18 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac
NICE!

EDIT: you might want to add the auction number too

Added
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #19 of 57
Duncan,
Nice!! Happy Birthday also!

Jun 12, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #20 of 57
I'm just offended that he quoted our forums to reinforce his gouging. BUt of course he can ask whatever he wants. Maybe when he doesn't hit the 1.5 k he'll lower his price.

It's funny how in his email he says celebrities might buy it. That'd be the day where you see A-list celebritites toting a D-211. They'd rather have their ipod.

Jun 12, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #21 of 57
This is something like the third time he's put this up. I think the first time he had it up for $2500, but maybe it has been $1500 every time...

Jun 12, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #23 of 57
The sad part is he probably one of the headfi member and he uses a Duncan's resorce for his benefit. I'm glad that Duncan was be able to help out.

Jun 12, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #25 of 57
Quote:

Check out the link now
wink.gif

Edited for truth

Hahaha! Seller got OWN3D!!!

Thanks for fixing that, Duncan.

Jun 12, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #26 of 57
Yup, that Ebay auction has been discussed earlier in the following thread:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ighlight=d-211

Walter Chan, Head-Fi member (shamefully) aka waltchan has the deluded idea that the D-211 is worth $1500. He had originally posted that same auction a few months earlier asking for $2500. After a few days and no suckers to take on his auction, he dropped the price to $2000. With 24 hrs left in the original auction and still no fools biting, he dropped the price to $1500 which ended up not selling. Now this idiot tries again to see if he can make the sell for $1500
rolleyes.gif

The D-211 that Waltie Chan is selling he originally bought for $120 on Ebay from Ebay seller chrisnh911. Yes, I was watching that auction when chrisnh911 has several fully boxed D-211 with all papers but no ac mains and headphones for sale on Ebay. Another member here besides waltchan bought a D-211 from that auction. Waltie had bought two units from chrisnh911, this is one of the two he owns that he's trying to pawn off for $1500. On the link below is page 2 of chrishnh911's Ebay feedback where you see waltchan (aka doitwaltc) has left him feedback for the two d-211 he has bought.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&iid=-1&de=off

I know it's great to make a profit, but man you have to draw the line somewhere. What the hell is he thinking asking for such a ridiculous and ******** up price for something that's worth not more than $120 which is what he had paid for it originally.

Jun 13, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #27 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Yup, that Ebay auction has been discussed earlier in the following thread:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ighlight=d-211

Walter Chan, Head-Fi member (shamefully) aka waltchan has the deluded idea that the D-211 is worth $1500. He had originally posted that same auction a few months earlier asking for $2500. After a few days and no suckers to take on his auction, he dropped the price to $2000. With 24 hrs left in the original auction and still no fools biting, he dropped the price to $1500 which ended up not selling. Now this idiot tries again to see if he can make the sell for $1500
rolleyes.gif

The D-211 that Waltie Chan is selling he originally bought for $120 on Ebay from Ebay seller chrisnh911. Yes, I was watching that auction when chrisnh911 has several fully boxed D-211 with all papers but no ac mains and headphones for sale on Ebay. Another member here besides waltchan bought a D-211 from that auction. Waltie had bought two units from chrisnh911, this is one of the two he owns that he's trying to pawn off for $1500. On the link below is page 2 of chrishnh911's Ebay feedback where you see waltchan (aka doitwaltc) has left him feedback for the two d-211 he has bought.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&iid=-1&de=off

I know it's great to make a profit, but man you have to draw the line somewhere. What the hell is he thinking asking for such a ridiculous and ******** up price for something that's worth not more than $120 which is what he had paid for it originally.

you don't get to be justin timberlake on pennies, man!
rolleyes.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #28 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
you don't get to be justin timberlake on pennies, man!
rolleyes.gif

Hahahahaha...Priceless!

Jun 13, 2006 at 7:40 AM Post #29 of 57
What's up with all the bashing. Damn...

I already received an e-mail from a buyer who may be interested in buying the D-211 from me for $1,500. He is one of Bruce Springsteen's friends (won't mention his name). So, for anybody complaining that I am out of my minds, you need to stop worrying because I know that it will sell.
580smile.gif

Good day to you all...

Jun 13, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #30 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by waltchan
What's up with all the bashing. Damn...

I already received an e-mail from a buyer who may be interested in buying the D-211 from me for $1,500. He is one of Bruce Springsteen's friends (won't mention his name). So, for anybody complaining that I am out of my minds, you need to stop worrying because I know that it will sell.
580smile.gif

Good day to you all...

Well, if you get the money fair enough to you, but in the 'real' (ie non-showbiz) world it is pure insanity...

Maybe I should put up the remnants of my collection on ebay as a job lot... hmm, what do i have, Mint, boxed D303 with all accessories, two working BP2EX batteries, wireless remote, D88, D211, D111, D808, D777, AZ6832, D465, and all the lower end models I have kicking around... Hmm, gotta be worth $5,000
very_evil_smiley.gif

...I wouldn't have the audacity though
wink.gif

Just as an aside - does Bruce's friend know that you picked it up for only $120 and are making a 1250% profit??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back