On e-Bay: NIB Sony D-211 for $1500 (What?!?!?)
Jun 12, 2006 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

purk

Headphoneus Supremus
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IN-BOX-Sony-...QQcmdZViewItem

Wow...I thought the D-555 is pretty crazy on e-bay. Now an e-bay seller (probably a headfi member) is selling his NIB D-211 for $1500. He claimed that this model is the best sounding Discman ever (quote Duncan's review). The seller should be ashame of himself!! and hopefully no one bid on this item No matter how good is this player, it can't be $1200 dollars better than Sony D-777, D-E900, D-303, D-555, D-515, D-311 and other legendary PCDPs. Such a BS!

Jun 12, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 57
LOL...Walter Chan strikes again.

Jun 12, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #3 of 57
Here's a better use for money, $400 budget for a D555 on Ebay, $600 budget for a used RS1, give the rest to charity.
mad.gif

This makes me sad and mad at the same time.
mad.gif

EDIT: OMGOSH, the shipping itself is $50.
mad.gif
He must be earning an extra $30 and using like $20 for INTERNATIONAL shipping.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Jun 12, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #4 of 57
Quote:

You are bidding on a brand new, never used, and never removed from box Sony D-211 Discman. EXTREMELY RARE MODEL. All original accessaries are included except remote and headphones. The Sony D-211 is highly-rated by audio enthusiasts as the best sounding portable CD player ever made in history (http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ht=sony+d-211). I have one and it has completely changed the way I listen to CD music. Everything sounds so accurate and clear. Only one brand new in the box Sony D-211 is available. Don't miss this one time opportunity as this one is probably the last brand new D-211 out there in this planet. Price will not be lowered; don't even ask. This is a one-time listed ad. It will not be relisted again if it doesn't sell. I have no intentions on selling this, but I will be happy to let it go for $1,500 if someone needs a new D-211 so badly. Although it's very very rare to see an average consumer buy a new Sony Discman player for $1,500, there is always a possibility that a celebrity or famous person will buy it from me because of its functionality and rare in existence, so I don't hesitate setting the price high. But everyone is more than welcome to purchase this as long as you don't have a ZERO feedback in your profile. You must contact me and be pre-approved in my list before you can hit the buy-it-now button.

Shipping will be $50 insured by USPS priority mail to anywhere in the continental United States. It will be shipped and packed EXTREMELY CAREFULLY in a large box. Before shipping, the serial number will be recorded to prevent fraudulent returns or part swap. If you live outside of the United States, please contact me prior to bidding so I can determine the shipping cost. ABSOLUTELY NO FRAUD COUNTRIES OR ZERO FEEDBACK BUYERS. I prefer Paypal payment, but I will accept Postal Money Order. No other payments are accepted. IF PAYING BY PAYPAL, YOU MUST HAVE A "CONFIRMED" SHIPPING ADDRESS, OR THIS TRANSACTION WILL BE CANCELED. Payment made by Paypal balance will be shipped out immediately. Payment made by Paypal instant transfer fund, eCheck, or credit card will require a 7 days hold. If you can't pay by Paypal, I will accept money orders made by USPS postal only. Before mailing out your money order, it must be mailed by USPS priority mail along with a delivery confirmation and $1,500 insurance for quality delivery and security. I reserve the right to reject money order payments if it looks counterfeit to me. Sorry, no local pickup. DON'T FORGET TO VIEW MY "me" PAGE BEFORE YOU BID, SO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH AS A SELLER. Check my feedback and please bid with confidence. I AM A POWERSELLER. Thanks for looking and happy bidding.

Wow.....maybe Kobe Bryant will buy this!
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #5 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk

Wow...I thought the D-555 is pretty crazy on e-bay. Now an e-bay seller (probably a headfi member) is selling his NIB D-211 for $1500. He claimed that this model is the best sounding Discman ever (quote Duncan's review). The seller should be ashame of himself!! and hopefully no one bid on this item No matter how good is this player, it can't be $1200 dollars better than Sony D-777, D-E900, D-303, D-555, D-515, D-311 and other legendary PCDPs. Such a BS!

having a hard time deciding between the d211 above and this
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARANTZ-SA8260-M...QQcmdZViewItem
and these
http://cgi.ebay.com/Grado-RS-1-Refer...QQcmdZViewItem

Jun 12, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #7 of 57
Can we try to relocate Duncan's review so that the link will be invalid? Duncan spent many days conduction his review and this guy is using it as way to rip people off. I hate for anyone to bid on this auction.

Jun 12, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #8 of 57
i saw this ad a few days ago. idiot.

he's using an older version of the thread too (updated 2003) to make the D-211 out to be the best hands down. since then duncan has added other PCDP's to the review, like the D-303 (notice it's not reviewed in the link he provides)

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:34 AM Post #10 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon
I love the first question: "Hi did you mean 150.00 buy now, [or] is it 1500.00?"

Hell, I'm not sure if a D-211 would even reach $150.

heh I saw that too. Thats a crazy price, but I'm interested to listen to it. Then again I dont care...

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:45 AM Post #11 of 57
Quote:

The guy responds to feedback left for him with all-caps rants--check it out. That's not a good sign, even if he were charging an appropriate price ($200 sounds generous).

Jun 12, 2006 at 9:11 AM Post #12 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ♫
The guy responds to feedback left for him with all-caps rants--check it out. That's not a good sign, even if he were charging an appropriate price ($200 sounds generous).

I find his "about me" profile much more disturbing (and hi-larious!)

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...erid=doitwaltc

Quote:

Thanks for visiting my "About Me" page. For those of you who don't know me well enough, my name is Walter Chan and I am 21 years old. I was the eBay seller who sold the ever-first new ATRAC3 portable CD players and the first HD-DVD players to lucky winning bidders in May 2003. Wow, I'm impressed! Not only was he the first ebay seller of atrac3 players (instant chick magnet) but he must have access to the DeLorean because the first HD-DVD players came out this year, not 2003. ATRAC3, developed by Sony, can hold up to 490 songs in one CD while MP3 can only hold up to 100 songs in one CD. After finally seeing sellers selling ATRAC3 portable CD player models, I guess it's time for me to retire. It was a very enjoyable experience becoming the first ATRAC3 eBay seller on Earth.

Recently, my life is beginning to see excitement. I invented and named a new kind of dance, the J-Walk. The J-Walk looks like a C-Walk, but it's not a C-Walk that I'm doing. I'm the best and the fastest J-Walk dancer around, and no one can compete better than me (so far). The J-Walk dance is really sick looking. Now that is bloody impressive.This new kind of dance is already recommended by Blink 182, New Found Glory, Jimmy Eat World, and Trapt so far, although Blink 182 now has forgotten what I do. The lead singer (Chris Brown) in Trapt has a younger brother who is a current student at UC Riverside. I am good friends with him.

Anyway, about me, I am planning to start up my own solo band, like Justin Timberlake and Michael Jackson for example. I am doing the best and the fastest as I can to get signed by a well-known record company, and it is a real challenge for me if school or music work should come first. I have several friends telling me that I may have the chance to go huge. I always want to be like the new Justin Timberlake or the new Bono from U2. I also like to see myself becoming an unusual J-Walk dancer, by making many people feel excited and laugh as well. I just completed my lyrics, and now I have to find appropriate music instruments to create my music. I'm making my music with digital electronic instruments and analog at the same time. I also need to find out what is what required if one wants to be a superstar, by reading several books and magazines and getting good connections with the record company, which is quite difficult to access as always. I am thinking about auditioning in the American Idol for season four, coming at fall of 2004, although I am not really sure because there are just too many people competing with each other, including a big rejection signal behavior by Simon Cowell.

Jun 12, 2006 at 1:47 PM Post #13 of 57
I'm a fairly large and consistent Ebay user. If you think this ad is inappropriate, or there are misrepresentations, this ad and the seller CAN be reported. So if you feel this is the case, report the seller

Jun 12, 2006 at 2:02 PM Post #14 of 57
Quote:

Can we try to relocate Duncan's review so that the link will be invalid? Duncan spent many days conduction his review and this guy is using it as way to rip people off. I hate for anyone to bid on this auction.

Check out the link now
wink.gif

Edited for truth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back