On custom IEM's and the benefits of competition
Jul 18, 2009 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gilency

Headphoneus Supremus
This is a good year to buy customs. With the new entry in the field, JHAudio, Westone and UE better watch out. I wonder when the japanese maker of a hybrid custom will figure out is good business to sell worldwide.
What do you think is the next breakthrough? Can they increase the soundstage to imitate full cans?
What are Westone and UE doing to match JHAudio latest entry?
How about Sleek and other custom makers, will they up the ante?
Buying customs is now like buying a computer: you buy the latest model thinking is the best only to be outdone buy a newer shinier computer.
Looking forward yo hear your comments!
Oh! and if you hear any rumors, please keep us headfiers in the loop in this thread.

Jul 18, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 9
I thought you buy customs to listen to music.
If they sound fabulous to you and you've heard a good lot, does it matter that it's not the
newest and latest? (Sony R10, Sennheiser Orpheus, etc. are "old", people still enjoy them)

Jul 18, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #3 of 9
You are right, but innovation in headphones is now in iEM's. Other technologies have not improved much, IEM's have.

Jul 18, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 9
Particularly in BAs and crossovers right?

Jul 18, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you think is the next breakthrough? Can they increase the soundstage to imitate full cans?

The JH13s "soundstage" and imaging is as good or better than most full-sized cans I've heard. I didn't think it was possible, but I'm hearing it now.

Competition and development in iems is good for us all.

Jul 18, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #7 of 9
I listened to the universal JH13 they had at CanJam. I liked them and had wide soundstage but the descriptions I see in the JH13 appreciation thread sound a little too exuberant. That is not to say they are not great. I am sure they are currently the best. And competition is good.

Jul 18, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #8 of 9
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a good year to buy customs. With the new entry in the field, JHAudio
signature_damoo.jpg
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #9 of 9
I have wondered if having 2 armatures for low-mid and highs each, would allow him to increase the soundstage by applying a little delay to one of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have ordered as of this week from japan and hopefully will be able to check out a high end german manufacturer to compare with the jh13pro as well as I want to get to the bottom of this!

both sound very interesting, could you give us more information and links?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back