On a mission to like jazz
Jan 12, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #4,966 of 5,031
Keith Jarrett trio w/ Gary Peacock on bass and Jack DeJohnette on drums.
A tribute album to Miles Davis, who had passed away 13 days before the album was recorded.

I literally just finished listening to this Trio (not this cut). Tremendous!

Leo

Jan 17, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #4,967 of 5,031
I literally just finished listening to this Trio (not this cut). Tremendous!

Leo
I think that trio played together, on & off, for something like 25 years. Keith said they "got inside each other's heads and stayed there." Cool.

Marcus Miller speaking French, live in Lyon. Christian Scott plays the Miles Davis' parts.

Jan 18, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #4,968 of 5,031
Poetry.

Jazz/Hip-hop/Neo-soul.
Roy Hargrove/Q-Tip/Erykah Badu.

RH.png

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #4,971 of 5,031
Thank you! It is an amazing take/arrangement of this jazz standard.
I ended up listening different versions of it. It's really interesting to explore different players' interpretations.

iHearARhapsody.png
Very cool - that's a nice journey that includes some great jazz players. Here's the back story about the music:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Hear_a_Rhapsody
:)

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #4,972 of 5,031
if some of you aint into straight ahead jazz...there are genres like Nu Jazz and acid Jazz that are more soulful and R&B tinged than normal Jazz, but keeps the much of the essentials

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #4,973 of 5,031
Went to see the Joshua Redman Group tonight. It was a great show and I think their new album “where are we” would appeal to those trying to get into jazz. It features jazz takes on some pop/rock songs (Springsteen’s Streets of Philadelphia and Sufjan Stephens’ Chicago). The group’s vocalist is a stunning newcomer with a beguiling voice.
IMG_2554.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back