On a mission to like jazz
Apr 8, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #4,292 of 5,049
I found it easy enough. Search under "Mingus Three"

Apr 10, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #4,302 of 5,049
Cool thread! I have never seen it before. I was in the same position as the OP in 2015. The only thing I knew I loved was horns. A lot of my favourite music is/was rock and pop with horn sections.Especially big sax solo's.

Anyway, I started with Miles Davis and now have more than 20 of his albums so far. Then I moved on to Freddie Hubbard, Hank Mobley, Lee Morgan, Donald Byrd, Sonny Rollins, etc. I LOVE hard bop.
On the newer side, I enjoy Trombone Shorty (I don't really look at him as jazz, but okay), Kamasi Washington and a lady that is Great, IMO, Nubya Garcia.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #4,305 of 5,049
Cool thread! I have never seen it before. I was in the same position as the OP in 2015. The only thing I knew I loved was horns. A lot of my favourite music is/was rock and pop with horn sections.Espwcially big sax solo's.

Anyway, I started with Miles Davis and now have more than 20 of his albums so far. Then I moved on to Freddie Hubbard, Hank Mobley, Lee Morgan, Donald Byrd, Sonny Rollins, etc. I LOVE hard bop.
On the newer side, I enjoy Trombone Shorty (I don't really look at him as jazz, but okay), Kamasi Washington and a lady that is Great, IMO, Nubya Garcia.
Oh yeah ... Trombone Shorty kicks it. Here is Miles and the gang performing the song "Bitches Brew" live in 1970.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back