OMG the most bogus product I have ever seen...
Dec 12, 2001 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 29
I thought this was a monster cable IC for a minute.

Hmm... *removes* distortion... I want to know exactly how they changed the laws of physics to allow this stunt?

You could probably make crap smell like a rose but it's still crap no matter how it smells.

Dec 12, 2001 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 29
I'm glad to know that the company is also auctioning off something on eBay that requires adult certification. The audio tips page was especially informative.

Dec 13, 2001 at 1:56 AM Post #5 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Hardhead
I LOVED this line:

"Triphazers improve ALL ASPECTS of the audio chain." (Emphasis in the original.)

Except distortion??

Dec 13, 2001 at 6:05 AM Post #6 of 29
What kills me is that this thing has been reviewed a number of times by so-called "audiophile magazines." And they've gotten great reviews!

You know you're in trouble when you read this:

"Experience has taught us that there is a discrepancy in the theories that govern the design of electronic and electrical devices and practical application of those theories. Triphazers are a result of patented technology and newly applied theories involving decades of research by Tritium.

"Using proprietary circuitry they improve resolution and lower distortion."

And these are passive devices!

Dec 13, 2001 at 12:59 PM Post #7 of 29
I'm wondering whether these audiophile magazines exist
rolleyes.gif

Dec 13, 2001 at 11:03 PM Post #8 of 29
Pay enough $$$, get a good review
Why do you think there are so few horrible reviews?
Ever read a bad Bose review???

Dec 14, 2001 at 5:38 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by GBishop
Ever read a bad Bose review???

Sad thing is, Bose doesn't even need to bribe people to get a good review. If you have an audio magazine and you bash bose, bose will destroy you. period. scary, huh?

Dec 14, 2001 at 5:25 PM Post #13 of 29
BOse is like BOgus. I listened to a BOse system the other day at the BOse factory outlet. They were demonstrating their new really, really small cube speakers. The system is over 3,000. Ok I admit it's an all in one system and it is decent for hometheater. And it would be a challenge, although far from impossible, to construct a better system out of seperate components for much less. What bothers me most is that they bill the system as being this fantastic thing when in fact the speakers sound like they are being overdriven, the sound is always strained, dynamics are always suppressed, the subwoofer was resonating like crazy, and generally my Dad and I found it to be completely lacking in most respects. The good thing was it was pretty loud, which was impressive for such small speakers and the localization of sounds was pretty convincing. Being that everything is integrated into one small box, amp, pre amp, processors, cd-player, etc? I feel constitutes a lower price rather than the higher price they most obviously chose. All in all I feel this system should be priced to move rather than priced to sit on the shelf and gather dust. I would pay $500 for it if it were marketed as the worlds best computer speaker system. If BOse researchers spent alot of time on their speakers I am sorry to inform them that they wasted that time and should take up a new hobby like tying balloons at parties for 3 year olds.
eek.gif
tongue.gif
redface.gif
cool.gif

Dec 15, 2001 at 9:50 PM Post #14 of 29
for 3,000 you could get a darn good NAD and PSB complete home theatre system that would beat the pants off of the bose... I just don't understand people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back