OMG! THE 20 GB ZEN MICRO! LOOOOOOK!!!!
Mar 17, 2005 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

rockit

100+ Head-Fier
click here for review on cnet asia!

CLICK HERE FOR THE POST ON DAPREVIEW.COM!

Wow, all these new micros are kinda confusing! now im regreting getting a five- gig. I dont even have the much music, but u know, always feel more comfortable with extra space. if you look at the changes they made, the back is different (hell it ugly in black (doesnt look likes its the shiny black either). it still has removable battery. they put a piece of metal around the perimeter (Kinda ugly too). only comes in black right now! (yuck.)
sc002.jpg

sc004.jpg

bad battery life tho, and its bigger and heavier.

Mar 17, 2005 at 12:20 PM Post #2 of 30
I saw this too. The black IMO would look a hell of a lot better than the Zen Micro if you actually saw it. Looks like a contender but as CNET says, it's at the tail end of mono MP3 players.

Mar 17, 2005 at 12:59 PM Post #3 of 30
man... if ANY of the stuff Creative makes support FLAC, i'd buy one in a heartbeat. i'm tired and fed up waiting for the damn Chroma... *cough* [size=xx-small]vapourware[/size] *cough cough*

Mar 17, 2005 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 30
They're a little behind:

"Downside: Though the Zen 20GB tries to take the best out of the Zen Micro's feature set, we are still puzzled over the memory cap on non-audio file storage at 16GB out of a possible 20GB, though in terms of percentage it is still an improvement on the Micro (80 percent versus 40 percent)."

The 5 GB micro now has the ability for 4 GB of mass storage. So it's still 80%.

Mar 17, 2005 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 30
the new micro's have a 4gb cap on storage? i hope mine will have it... a few weeks ago i had to transfer something that was 2.03gb, and i couldn't because of the stupid 2gb cap.

anyone know when these 20gb models will be coming out (i'm assuming it's to replace the zen touch right?)

Mar 17, 2005 at 2:57 PM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnev
the new micro's have a 4gb cap on storage? i hope mine will have it... a few weeks ago i had to transfer something that was 2.03gb, and i couldn't because of the stupid 2gb cap.

anyone know when these 20gb models will be coming out (i'm assuming it's to replace the zen touch right?)

It's in the latest PDE firmware, 1.02.05

I don't when/if the new 20 GB zen will come to the US. It's for Asia only (for now)

Mar 17, 2005 at 3:09 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Igedit
It's in the latest PDE firmware, 1.02.05

I don't when/if the new 20 GB zen will come to the US. It's for Asia only (for now)

IT'S NOT A ZEN MICRO!

It's called just Creative Zen and it's the size of a Zen Touch, just with Micro's design. Also it is only available in Asia.

Mar 17, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by JuXXy
IT'S NOT A ZEN MICRO!

It's called just Creative Zen and it's the size of a Zen Touch, just with Micro's design. Also it is only available in Asia.

I NEVER SAID IT WAS A MICRO!
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #11 of 30
like born2b, i'm still using my trusty zen usb 2.0.

when i upgrade, probably in a year or so, i sure hope creative has tweaked their file system to allow mass storage device capabilities and fixed all this capping bs. i love the sound from creative products (nomad ii mg, and zen) but if i can't the usability, then i'm going to a different brand (probably iriver).

Mar 19, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #15 of 30
I think they put the screen a bit low. It reminds of someone with a big forhead or something. Looks pretty lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back