OMG! Stay AWAY from MS IE 7 BETA!
Jul 18, 2006 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Welly Wu

Headphoneus Supremus
Please, people, do not make the same mistake that I did by downloading the BETA version of Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 (#2)! I had to go deep into the work in progress knowledge base just to learn how to install a D_WORD registry key so that I could uninstall MSIE 7 BETA 2. It was a pain in the ass to do this. I know it is a BETA version, but the installation and uninstallation process are botched so it makes it very difficult (but not impossible) to remove it and get MSIE 6 to work again. Stay away from Microsoft BETA products unless you are an expert and want to go through trouble. What a nightmare!

Jul 18, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 13
I have it and have been using it for months with less problems than firefox and opera give me.

Jul 18, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 13
My IE6 installation went kaput on me (go figure), so I installed IE7 just for when pages give me problems in Opera. I hate IE7 too though.

Jul 18, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 13
geez, calm down. It is a Beta!!

As far as a blotched install, well, It is a Beta!!! Besides, did you think MS is ever planning for an uninstall of it? You couldn't uninstall IE6or5or.... At least 7 is removable similar to a windowsupdate rollback.

For the record, I like it better than Opera and Firefox.
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #6 of 13
IE7 did cause a bit of system instability for me, but it was quite easy to untinstall. Figured I'd try it to see what it was like. It looks incredibly goofy and very much beta quality. It had more page rendering issues than IE6, which is a helluva accomplishment since IE6 can barely do CSS. The biggest annoyance of all when using it (not counting the system problems it caused) is that damned fuzzy type that I could not find a way to turn off. That alone bugged the hell out of me. They have a long, long way to go until the final version.

Jul 19, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
i just installed it on 10 machines... works fine...in fact, it rocks.

Hmm. How hard does it rock? I demand a certified "Rock Hardness" ranking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back