OMG new Maudlin of the Well
May 16, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed.

However, even though it's more reminiscent of Kayo Dot than classic motW, this album is still better (to my ears) than anything that Kayo Dot ever released. I'll take it.

Yeah, agreed.

May 18, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #20 of 25
I came across this album on Free Metal Albums ( good website, if you don't know it...check it out ) a few days ago and downloaded it, still have to have a listen. Download via Bittorrent was really fast...

May 19, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #21 of 25
Thanks for the heads up. I really enjoyed Bath and Leaving Your Body Map. How does Kayo Dot compare to those two albums?

May 19, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitlets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads up. I really enjoyed Bath and Leaving Your Body Map. How does Kayo Dot compare to those two albums?

Kayo Dot is more ambient. I find it a bit plodding and tedious, honestly. Most people would probably say that about most of maudlin of the Well, but I only had that problem with Kayo Dot. That's not to say that KD is BAD, I just prefer motW.

This new motW sounds more to me like motW than like KD. I seem to be in the minority here, though. Either way, it's well worth the download!

May 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #23 of 25
Has anyone found a non-torrent mirror for the FLAC version? I don't want to install bit torrent just for this. Thanks.

May 28, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #24 of 25
bittorrent is god for the internet. many more companies are adopting it even for legit things. It is a vastly expansive and amazingly great and utilized tool that started off for sharing bandwidth and transformed the downloading process forever.

Anyway, my little brother showed me this band and they are amazing. I thought the little punk didn't know good music anymore, yet I stand corrected with this and Alfred Schnittke.
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by geremy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone found a non-torrent mirror for the FLAC version? I don't want to install bit torrent just for this. Thanks.

If you're running a Windows machine, install uTorrent. Very lightweight for a graphical torrent management app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back