OMG....KSC75s....What!?
May 28, 2006 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Trogdor

Reviewer: Metal-Fi
So I'm awaiting the release of the Triple X (after holding back on the GS1K and preordering the E500 which I both heard extensively at the Nationals) and I need a pair of portable cans for the gym and travel.

Anyway, I've been feeling down since my Qualia's are getting dusty since my Dynamight is back at the shop....tweaking....nothing wrong....but Lin is awesome and offered to tweak it to my specification...

So, I mean I'm not a newbee now and I KNEW about the KSC75s but was like, okay, I've moved on (heck my first can for years pre-HeadFi was the Sony MDRV6 and my first post-HeadFi can was the RS-1). My last gym cans were the Shure E2Cs...probably the worst IEMs for the price I've ever owned. Zero bass (no the fit is fine, I've tried many Shures and believe they make some nice IEMs, just not the E2Cs).

Well I am about to go off to the gym and I haven't been listening to music while working out for a while and was like...I really miss my music. I head to Radio Shack and there they are...the KSC-75...titantium no less! I've heard the rumors, they were like 25 bucks...enough said...

So on my first listen, I'm like, holy crap, these are pretty damn good!!! The hi's are tad thin and overall the music is very compressed, but the mids are relatively smooth and the bass is punchy (not tight though). They also have a slightly forward preso which I like for what I'm using them for. I've listened to the new Tool album all the way through and was really impressed on how versatile these cans could be. Also, the other thing that was bothering me was fit. I've never done clip ons but they were very very comfortable and I got totally used them in about 5 minutes.

Unbelievable...25 dollars...once again thank you Head-Fi...

May 28, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #2 of 21
Hehe, I got my pair(s) for $10...
580smile.gif

May 28, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 21
Yupe KSC75's rock! Everytime a customer comes in to the store I work at and they want some cheap but good cans I point to these. Outta all of them I have sold "Quite a few" not one complaint so far
eggosmile.gif

May 28, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #4 of 21
Yeah, they are alright.

The highs are a little grainy.
The bass extension isn't terribly low and the drivers really run out of steamand start buzzing when trying to produce high output at low frequencies.
Outside, these headphones are fairly useless due to the fact that they do not isolate from noise/wind and sound very very thin.

Personally I think the PX100 is a better phone but for the money the KSC75 is pretty solid.

May 28, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamP
Yeah, they are alright.

The highs are a little grainy.
The bass extension isn't terribly low and the drivers really run out of steamand start buzzing when trying to produce high output at low frequencies.
Outside, these headphones are fairly useless due to the fact that they do not isolate from noise/wind and sound very very thin.

Personally I think the PX100 is a better phone but for the money the KSC75 is pretty solid.

here here....the px100 must regain its title as the king of all cheapie phones!

May 28, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #6 of 21
I don't really like the KSC75s. Try the 35s instead. I believe it's a bit clearer.

May 28, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #7 of 21
Not such a big fan either...I also feel like the PX100 is the superior phone, but the 75 certainly is good for the price. Good, not great. Still have to get my hands on a 35 though - would love to recable a pair.

On a side note, even with cheapo canare quad braid a recable really helped clean up the 75, and it's soooo easy to do...

May 28, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #8 of 21
I really wanted to like the ksc75s but I couldnt, My ears stick out
frown.gif
...so these clip ons (and any other clips ons) dont stay on me very well and kinda dangle in the wind. sadly this also eliminates the streetstyle type also...

Are the px100 good for running outside (in texas heat?)

May 28, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSeru
I really wanted to like the ksc75s but I couldnt, My ears stick out
frown.gif
...so these clip ons (and any other clips ons) dont stay on me very well and kinda dangle in the wind. sadly this also eliminates the streetstyle type also...

Are the px100 good for running outside (in texas heat?)

the good thing about the KSC75 is that the clip is bendable - you can them just as flush with your ear as the ksc-3 does by default.

May 28, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
the good thing about the KSC75 is that the clip is bendable - you can them just as flush with your ear as the ksc-3 does by default.

i think you might have read over the part where I said my ears stick out...

May 28, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #11 of 21
I guess to each there own... I personally thought the px100 was terrible. The sound was good but everything else was bad. Folding design was a big pain getting in/out of case and they just felt cheap to me. Be kind interesting if you could get the drivers off the px100 and put those on clip or diff design and see how that worked. Also px100 is quite abit more $$ then the ksc75's. Even if you can find the px100's super cheap your still talking prob a $40 difference. For $10 "while on sale" they are a must listen to headphone. Amazing price<Performance.

Just my 2 pennies
tongue.gif

May 28, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #12 of 21
yep i didn't like the px100 when i had it either - but it's a preference thing. as for the clips, my ears aren't exactly flush with my head, and i wear glasses too, but koss clips do the trick. i guess it just depends!

May 28, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude
What kind of sound signature does the px100s have?

sennheiser one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back