OMG,Interconnects do make differences!
Aug 31, 2006 at 7:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

tyloh73

100+ Head-Fier
I have listened to my wavelength brick silver version/MIT ic/flying mole ca-s3/equinoxed k1000 for few days now and i actually have some free time tonight,so i decided to compare the Ic i just bought to the MIT ic.i listen to mit ic for few minutes then i switch to the other ic,I didn't expect any difference since I have tried some expensive ic in my speaker rig few years ago and I could never notice any differences between ics.so i change the ic,go out and have a smokes,come back and listen,i immediately notice something is missing in vocal,something i love about the vocal is gone,listen for few minutes more and now i am positive something is missing,i switch back to mit ic and arrggg.....the vocal and sound I love so much is back.

all i could say now is WOW,i didn't know IC could make such a big difference,now i am not sure if the lush mid actually is from the brick usb dac(i thought it was) or the ic....it's shame i have sold/return other dacs i owned,thus can't do A/Bing.

i am going to call acoustics zen tomorrow and order their matrix reference II IC,some people said MR II has some of the best midrange.
smily_headphones1.gif

needless to say,i am a cable/IC believer now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #3 of 25
Welcome to the club. I've heard some very small and some not so small differences between different cables. It all comes down to system synergy. Once you find the right one, there's no denying the difference.

Aug 31, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 25
there are two kinds of people; those who know there is no difference and those who heart the difference.

Aug 31, 2006 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 25
Actually, there are two kinds of people: those who have equipment that enables them to hear the difference, and those who don't (and therefore believe there is none, and have the blind ABX test results to prove it!).
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrith
Actually, there are two kinds of people: those who have equipment that enables them to hear the difference, and those who don't (and therefore believe there is none, and have the blind ABX test results to prove it!).
smily_headphones1.gif

Right. Ears included.

Sep 1, 2006 at 12:02 PM Post #7 of 25
There is something wrong with ones hearing if they hear no differences for example between copper and silver cables.

Sep 1, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Famous last words before a bli..., omg, I almost said it!

Ok, there are two kinds of people: those who know what an ABX test can be used for and those who do not (and therefore try to manage by erecting strawmen
evil_smiley.gif
).

Regards,

L.

Sep 1, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #9 of 25
I'd suggest not making any final decisions about a given cable until you've burned it in; I use 40 hours as a rule of thumb. I use a tuner, and do it without amplifier turned on, and it's interesting to listen to before and after without hearing the intermediate period.

Sep 1, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #10 of 25
There are two kinds of people. Those who enjoy this hobby and have fun discussing with others about benefits they believe they have obtained from certain cables, and those who like to jump in on every cable thread with a comment about ABX tests.
orphsmile.gif

Sep 1, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not even going to comment here
rolleyes.gif

Sep 1, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura
there are two kinds of people; those who know there is no difference and those who heart the difference.

confused.gif

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #13 of 25
Really guys, there are only two people: Those who listen to music and those who listen to their equipment. With all the time some of you ABX stuff, you have whizzed down the drain that time to actually listen to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back