OMG: CD3k. :O***********
Jul 24, 2004 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

harkamus

500+ Head-Fier
My goodness, I'm toying around with my bro's CD3000s. He doesn't have all his parts to build a totally maxed PPA(Black Gates, Diamond buffers, etc, the works) yet; still in the shipping process. I'm using my semi-maxed PPA through my modded Audigy(see profile). It's awesome. I thought I was a basshead. These cans, provided they are properly amped, provide just as much bass sans the visceral impact. I finally understand these "audiophile" terms such as imaging and soundstage. Actually scratch that, I always thought imaging and soundstage were the same. Anyways, these cans rock. I hear a lot better instrumental separation than from my DT 770 non-pros. Female vocals are lovely. Highs, mids, lows(bass)...it's all there.

The only disappointment upon inspection was that it said "China" on the headband. But, I believe the headband only to be made there. The rest I would wager to be made in Japan. Ah well, if not, they are high quality nontheless. That was 420ish bucks well spent on my bro's part.

...I got him into Headfi.
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 85
Oooohhhh yes they are
3000smile.gif

And they get better by the day. They looove burn-in
3000smile.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 1:04 AM Post #5 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by harkamus
My goodness, I'm toying around with my bro's CD3000s. He doesn't have all his parts to build a totally maxed PPA(Black Gates, Diamond buffers, etc, the works) yet; still in the shipping process. I'm using my semi-maxed PPA through my modded Audigy(see profile).......

Its not in the Profile you Liar!!!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #6 of 85
Quote:

The only disappointment upon inspection was that it said "China" on the headband. But, I believe the headband only to be made there. The rest I would wager to be made in Japan.
biggrin.gif

Nothing to worry about, but my two pairs said "Japan" on the headband, under the elastic band opening on the left side over the cups.....

Jul 25, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 85
My pair says "Japan" also... I'm loving these headphones -mine are the modded woody ones, so not stock, but the sound is wonderful just the same.
3000smile.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 3:03 AM Post #8 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Nothing to worry about, but my two pairs said "Japan" on the headband, under the elastic band opening on the left side over the cups.....

That's exactly where mine says "China"
mad.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #10 of 85
Quote:

That's exactly where mine says "China"
mad.gif

I think it's about time people start scratching the "made in china = crap" misconception... You know, I bet the "China" version CD3K is actually better in quality than the "Japan" version since the factory and all the production equipment probably are newer and better.

Sure, China still does produce some cheap crap (and so does the US and other developed nations too), but now they're totally capable of producing top quality products if they want to.
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 3:40 AM Post #11 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by doobooloo
I think it's about time people start scratching the "made in china = crap" misconception... You know, I bet the "China" version CD3K is actually better in quality than the "Japan" version since the factory and all the production equipment probably are newer and better.

Sure, China still does produce some cheap crap (and so does the US and other developed nations too), but now they're totally capable of producing top quality products if they want to.
wink.gif

Word!

Jul 25, 2004 at 3:52 AM Post #12 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by doobooloo

wink.gif

Have to say, that was my thought exactly...

Now, on the CD3000s, they are one of the best dynamic closed cans for the money. I just find the high end too fatiging with some solid state amps. On tube amps (specifically an Ear HP4, and Singlepower amps), they sound really good to my ears, highs are just right on.

CD

Jul 25, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #13 of 85
It's the same with made in Japan a couple of decades ago.

Made in Japan used to mean the product was crap. But that slowly changed. The same thing is true with made in Taiwan (although my last 2 made in Taiwan umbrellas broke down after just 2 weeks
frown.gif
).

Jul 25, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #14 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
It's the same with made in Japan a couple of decades ago.

Made in Japan used to mean the product was crap. But that slowly changed. The same thing is true with made in Taiwan (although my last 2 made in Taiwan umbrellas broke down after just 2 weeks
frown.gif
).

Hey, but they're umbrellas...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back